Rino fuel issues

jaake67

Reaction score
Looking for some input on my problem.
I have a 05 rino 660.I've been thru several stock fuel pumps so I decided to go with the electric pump from black rino.I'm getting 13 volts to it and it still wont keep up.So i tried to run both and it will still run low on fuel after about a onehundred yard dash pinned to the floor boards,i did gain about 10 km ahour when its running right.
Any thought would be appreaciated

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought, but is the fuel line kinked some were and not allowing full fuel pressure

jaake67

Reaction score
I put on new fuel lines and tried some difrent things,The electric does not need the return line.
As how do I know...Well it bogs out I'm asuming its a lack of fuel,if i let off the pedal for abit,the bowl fills up and im good to go for a short distance.when I phoned black rino they said not enough volts..but i have checked that and it is good to go there.Valves have been set since new plug air cleaner is good.I might try a bigger fuel line?

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i find it hard to believe you could use more fuel than a pump can supply. i would unhook your line and pump back into tank to see what volume of flow. if you can put a gauge on it to see the pressure. checked filter?

jaake67

Reaction score
I have,it seem ok.im going to put a gauge on and see what pressures im putting out.but that wont be till spring as im away working

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For starters, accelerating and then starting to die can be a fuel filter problem, it can also be a bad clamp or hose to your carb as the fuel pump works off of vacuum.

Are you absolutely sure you maybe don't have a cracked line or weak clamp at the fuel pickup on the tank, could also be something in the tank partially plugging off the pickup tube.

Stock fuel pump pressure should be around 1-4psi IIRC, and I do not see a need for an electric unless you are maybe running a turbo or are modded.

Are you using the same fuel filter as stock,.. if so ditch it it's too small, but a larger one from Napa or Crappy tire.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your motor stock? The electric should more than keep up to all but the rankest motors. I'd check the needle and seat in the float. It might be partially obstructed causing it to not keep up. Or maybe when it starts to flow and the needle opens up the electric puts out to much flow/pressure keeping the float down and it floods.

jaake67

Reaction score
other than a black rino cdi,a snorkel kit,and k&n.the engine is stock.I have had a few different fuel filters,I have had a filter in the tank I carried two spare fuel pump when i would go out for a week and two filters(not stock),There has always been a fuel issue,thats why i wanted to try the electric.I have taken the carb apart but that was a year ago and not since the added electic pump.
I would like to thank all of you for your advice,I will get it figured out,

megatron customs

Reaction score
I had the same problems try hooking the pump stright to the batt and take it for a rip it might be where you are getting your power from. i put in a fuse block with a relay and it works awesome.

canucklehead

Reaction score
Check your intake in the tank for debris - some rhino's have plastic chips in the tank from the factory, and can plug your intake.

Or check your vent/return lines for cracks/kinks.

Electric fuel pump on Rhino is TOTALLY UNNECCESSARY!!!!

Top Bottom