Fuel controller issue?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im still having issues with my 15xm with Aerocharger turbo. I had it running damn near perfect last trip and it was unreal! Then this time its back to completely useless, just falls on its face when its time to go. Im 99 % sure the Aero commander is toast. Unplugging it does not change how it runs at all, nor does changing the settings. My question is what options do I have to fix the issue if it is the fuel box?
I was hoping to use someone in Canada if possible. Im under the impression Dobeck is more or less unreliable junk, based on what I read and my current non working box is Dobek.
Ive read a few posts about Silber offering a box that is able to work, but that was a really old post.
Ive heard mountain Magic may be of some assistance, not sure if they deal in Aerocharger or if they just help people through their issues.

I have had Zero luck so far contacting Aerocharger themselves so far. Tried Emails and Calls, no response.

Anyone have some wisdom they are willing to share that could point me in the right Direction?

thanks.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im still having issues with my 15xm with Aerocharger turbo. I had it running damn near perfect last trip and it was unreal! Then this time its back to completely useless, just falls on its face when its time to go. Im 99 % sure the Aero commander is toast. Unplugging it does not change how it runs at all, nor does changing the settings. My question is what options do I have to fix the issue if it is the fuel box?
I was hoping to use someone in Canada if possible. Im under the impression Dobeck is more or less unreliable junk, based on what I read and my current non working box is Dobek.
Ive read a few posts about Silber offering a box that is able to work, but that was a really old post.
Ive heard mountain Magic may be of some assistance, not sure if they deal in Aerocharger or if they just help people through their issues.

I have had Zero luck so far contacting Aerocharger themselves so far. Tried Emails and Calls, no response.

Anyone have some wisdom they are willing to share that could point me in the right Direction?

thanks.
I have a 2015 xm with a redline G2 with a mainline fuel controller - and I'm excited to smash it with a hammer soon - all the boxes for the xm are pure sh*t because nothing on these boxes auto adjusts - because the baro for the ecu is built into the ecu - all the new sleds are not wired like the 800 etec with the baro in the ecu - which makes the etec 800 a bastard to get dialed in - I'm putting the Aurora fuel reactor on soon - it's coming in the mail - it's not in Canada but it's the only box on the planet that will work on an etec 800 where you don't have to adjust anything- the mapping is run off of the 02 sensor to always keep you burning at 12.5- 12.8 on the air fuel ratios- has data logging capabilities and Bluetooth to your phone - the owner of the Aurora has helped out quite a few people with 800 etec turbo's - Dave Sebelius has helped me out huge with my sled over the years trying to get mine dialed with the redline box - but everytime I go out sledding the temp is different or the snow is different and it's impossible to get it dialed - mainly because I've changed so much stuff on it from the way it first came

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

this is what it seems like, it is good one day and then a cloud comes out and its not good anymore, then its kind of ok, then its complete trash and can’t even climb a small hill. Very inconsistent to say the least, but every time I bring it home and do some test runs(1800’ altitude) it runs very good and consistent. Frustrating to say the least. That fuel controller you mentioned sounds like the way to go I will check that out! In Fact he has already sent me a Pm with his info. I really want to get this old girl dialled because I experienced it when it was good and WOW. It was unreal!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about what you said with the Barometric sensor being in the ECU, and I remembered the other day i was looking at my gauges and the altitude was slowly increasing while I was just sitting at idle.....by like a few hundred meters. I wonder if its kaput?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about what you said with the Barometric sensor being in the ECU, and I remembered the other day i was looking at my gauges and the altitude was slowly increasing while I was just sitting at idle.....by like a few hundred meters. I wonder if its kaput?
It could be shot - hard to say - that's the beauty of the Aurora box - full data logging of everything that it's doing - boost - TPS - RPM - air temp - manifold pressure - voltage - fuel pressure - everything and I mean everything - so then when it acts up - you look at the data log - and it's easy to see where the issue is

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would be the difference between this box and the XIC box that was used with boost it
The xic and dobeck and redline boxes are all the same - they just run the secondary injectors in the airbox - they do adjust mapping if boost or baro changes - not sure if the others adjust for temp - I know the G2 redline does not adjust for temp - the redline box has a dial that I can add or subtract 2% of fuel from the map - the mapping is adjustable on a laptop - the Aurora box runs the mapping off of the 02 sensor - so it is adjusting all the time every millisecond for fueling to be optimized at 12.5 on the afr's - so snow conditions or temp will never need to be adjusted again - and data logging is the key to finding gremlins - Bluetooth to the phone - able to change mapping if you want - I'll have pics of mine installed and running in a week or 2 hopefully

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The xic and dobeck and redline boxes are all the same - they just run the secondary injectors in the airbox - they do adjust mapping if boost or baro changes - not sure if the others adjust for temp - I know the G2 redline does not adjust for temp - the redline box has a dial that I can add or subtract 2% of fuel from the map - the mapping is adjustable on a laptop - the Aurora box runs the mapping off of the 02 sensor - so it is adjusting all the time every millisecond for fueling to be optimized at 12.5 on the afr's - so snow conditions or temp will never need to be adjusted again - and data logging is the key to finding gremlins - Bluetooth to the phone - able to change mapping if you want - I'll have pics of mine installed and running in a week or 2 hopefully

Ill double check , when I had my nytro I was able to go add or delete fuel with a touch of a button, could increase or decrease the boost it was quite easy and took less than a minute and didn’t need a laptop. It also logged and adjusted to keep the a/f to the number I wanted it to.

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill double check, when I had my nytro I was able to go add or delete fuel with a touch of a button, could increase or decrease the boost it was quite easy and took less than a minute and didn’t need a laptop. It also logged and adjusted to keep the a/f to the number I wanted it to.
Yes I heard that was the only box that worked on an 800 etec - well I heard from another guy too that the boondocker box that was for the 800 etecs was alot like the boost it box and worked good also - my redline box would probably work if I didn't do so many changes from the way it first was - now the mapping is so far off - I gotta get rid of it and go to more of an automatically adjusted setup so I can just pull & go

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's NM when a guy needs him? Man I miss the look of them builds...

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I phoned David with Davids Performance, and He seems very knowledgeable about these turbo systems. Im am very impressed that not only did he answer my phone call, in fact He contacted Me to offer help! In all fairness I did finally get a response from Aerocharger, if only to say we no longer sell these parts ( referring to the aerocommander) and that I should contact Dobec for assistance. Although that was after 4 calls and 3 Emails. Im pretty sure this aurora is just what the Doctor ordered and is likely the way Im going. Although I will Call MM and just get his take also as Im sure he knows more than I do about these things. Thanks for the Reply’s!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after some tinkering I discovered that the Blue l.e.d that comes on indicating that the fuel box has sensed boost, does not come on. Perhaps the Map sensor is shot, dive into testing that and discovered it has no power. Hmmm. Start probing some connections and found a wire broken inside the insulation. Now were getting somewhere! I am still putting the AFR on once I get it, but it won’t be here in time for my next set of days off, so hopefully this gets her to sing for at least a few days. Looks like some good snow coming in them thar Hills! A51EBA90-A566-41AF-A7F1-3BBB305017F1.jpg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice -glad you got the problem figured out and gettin back out there - my aurora box is going in today - getting the air temp sensor bung welded into the airbox - still waiting on the fuel pump and regulator - waitin on parts while it's puking is the f*kin worst

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I bet your pumped to get that old beech running right tickety Boo. Where did you put the bung in the airbox? Or does David tell you where it goes? That’s something I can get done asap so its not something that holds up my mid April trip. Let me know how the rest of install goes, if theres any unexpected hiccups a guy has to overcome. I can’t wait to get my AFR box installed and rippin!

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the bung gettin welded in on clutch side of the airbox right below the water to air elbow - should be done Monday I can post a pic - I'm excited for the data logs - both me and Dave wanna see the numbers change when I turn my throttle body mod on - make believers outta non believers

Top Bottom