Rims and Rubber - Advice?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
My other truck... when I put my summer wheels on it was out by about 29kms lol.
And theres nothing wrong with having nice rims and tires!! Thats the most important part of a vehicle! Hands down!!!!!
And yes.. Im sorry I am the biggest pain in the @ss ever when it comes to picking them Ric. lol. That was a long and painful process. FYI: That guy can literally get you whatever you want when it comes to wheels and even hook up some custom order stuff for changing things around! A++

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried that on HWY 2? That chit is almost impossible to keep up with.

My other truck... when I put my summer wheels on it was out by about 29kms lol.
And theres nothing wrong with having nice rims and tires!! Thats the most important part of a vehicle! Hands down!!!!!
And yes.. Im sorry I am the biggest pain in the @ss ever when it comes to picking them Ric. lol. That was a long and painful process. FYI: That guy can literally get you whatever you want when it comes to wheels and even hook up some custom order stuff for changing things around! A++

last July I was following this guy in a big lifted ford hauling 3 quads on a flat deck trailer south on Hwy 2.... he'd do like 130 down hill and 65 uphill, he was impossible to match speeds with........

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could go with a set of factory 20" rims like these.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429941139.304973.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
last July I was following this guy in a big lifted ford hauling 3 quads on a flat deck trailer south on Hwy 2.... he'd do like 130 down hill and 65 uphill, he was impossible to match speeds with........

Ok.... Those were 38" tires on a 22" rim... pulling three quads lol. 12' lift half ton = down hill initate ramming speed to make it up other side.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew people growing up that would spend 5k on a stereo system for their $800 winter beater...... I always thought they were morons, and their stereos were always the first ones stolen.... being that it's easy to break in to an '81 Acadian.

Tires are the same for me...... being that I only spent 6k on the entire truck... chipped.... tonneau cover, bed liner, toolbox, fender flares, and it runs great...... spending more on tires than the truck is worth would make me one of the morons I used to know lol

You drove 4 km's in the last year? Do you even need a vehicle? Spending any money on rims and tires, (considering yours are fine)

for your self proclaimed economical ride sounds a lot like like putting that 5g stereo in the beater.......JS

Reaction score
You could go with a set of factory 20" rims like these.
View attachment 186521

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

I did actually get something very similar..... although $800 cheaper. I'll put them on next weekend when I have the brakes done and a few other things..... *excited* I think they do exactly what I hoped, and I'm not even sure I'll paint them, I like them as is. (still debating)

Attachments

• WP_20150424_19_25_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150424_19_25_14_Pro.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 90

Reaction score
You drove 4 km's in the last year? Do you even need a vehicle? Spending any money on rims and tires, (considering yours are fine)

for your self proclaimed economical ride sounds a lot like like putting that 5g stereo in the beater.......JS

Epic reading failure, -10 points. Try reading it again. I never said 4 kms. I said 4k kms. Big difference..... like 1000 times, in fact.

Reaction score
keep in mind your speedometer will be out approx 5%+

Appreciate that.... my brother mentioned the same thing.... I wouldn't have considered it... like someone else said, I rarely look at my speedometer these days. I will use one of the online calculators just to get an idea how far out it will be......

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Just get a speedometer app for your phone.
Appreciate that.... my brother mentioned the same thing.... I wouldn't have considered it... like someone else said, I rarely look at my speedometer these days. I will use one of the online calculators just to get an idea how far out it will be......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Epic reading failure, -10 points. Try reading it again. I never said 4 kms. I said 4k kms. Big difference..... like 1000 times, in fact.

4000 oh gotcha,, wow that is an epic failure on my part. Still sounds like waste of $ to me, but hey its ur money. Just like the guy putting a stereo in his pinto is spending their money.....

Any who kijji is ur friend....

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did actually get something very similar..... although $800 cheaper. I'll put them on next weekend when I have the brakes done and a few other things..... *excited* I think they do exactly what I hoped, and I'm not even sure I'll paint them, I like them as is. (still debating)

You might run into different off set problems with new wheels?
Not 100% sure but a think your 2006 has a less off set wheel then the newer F150's
Summitric or someone can confirm.

Reaction score
4000 oh gotcha,, wow that is an epic failure on my part. Still sounds like waste of $ to me, but hey its ur money. Just like the guy putting a stereo in his pinto is spending their money.....

Any who kijji is ur friend....

Well at least you have he number right.. and if you still feel it was a waste, at least it's accurate. Kijiji is my friend.... I use it all the time.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Between the noises the cam phaser's start to make in those trucks... and the CRAZY lifter noise... I can tell you one thing for sure... NEVER EVER lift those trucks and put big wheels on them. Once you get around 150,000... Those engines need to be babied.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Between the noises the cam phaser's start to make in those trucks... and the CRAZY lifter noise... I can tell you one thing for sure... NEVER EVER lift those trucks and put big wheels on them. Once you get around 150,000... Those engines need to be babied.

Easy "solution" to the cam phasers....... Ditch the 5w20 oil NOW. Worst "invention" ever. Fords engines hate it. Chryslers engines burn it. It's garbage. Run 5 or 10w30. And once they start to get noisy, run 15w40. Changed to 15/40 on a few now, and not a single one has come back.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy "solution" to the cam phasers....... Ditch the 5w20 oil NOW. Worst "invention" ever. Fords engines hate it. Chryslers engines burn it. It's garbage. Run 5 or 10w30. And once they start to get noisy, run 15w40. Changed to 15/40 on a few now, and not a single one has come back.
5w20 is like piss new,cold

Can u image 5w20 hot in a half ton pulling a trailer, it is piss

Not sure how they don't have oil psi issues

Top Bottom