Riding With Kids

SKIROULE

Reaction score
Are you better off to have a kid (6 yr old) in one of those storage box seats or on the back of the quad seat? I did have a look at the Can-Am with the second seat. For the most part it looks to be more for an adult than a kid. I dont think a kid would be able to hang on to the handles. Some advice from those who ride with kids? I'm not talking about hard riding, just around the lake and on the club trails.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our son did just fine with the seat...........held on just fine. We just found that he would have done better with some foot rests.

Coldone

Reaction score
My 5 year old son did just fine on the storage seat as well.. Just got to take it easy and make sure they are geared up for safety

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
storage seat worked with my son but foot rest are a great addtion so he could brace for a hard ditch or?

Phazer Moon

Reaction score
We use a 'child riding belt' when we ride our grandchildren. The adult wears a belt around the waist, attached to a block of foam with handles for the child, attached to a harness that the child wears. The child is situated behind you so there is no fear of having the child pushed into the bars or over top the quad. We use this belt on our sleds as well as on the quads. You can go to: to see it. However, it is better if the child could have foot rests on the quad. We have put foot rests on the sled, but we are still thinking of a way to put foot rests on the quad.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
We use a 'child riding belt' when we ride our grandchildren. The adult wears a belt around the waist, attached to a block of foam with handles for the child, attached to a harness that the child wears. The child is situated behind you so there is no fear of having the child pushed into the bars or over top the quad. We use this belt on our sleds as well as on the quads. You can go to: to see it. However, it is better if the child could have foot rests on the quad. We have put foot rests on the sled, but we are still thinking of a way to put foot rests on the quad.
kimpex has footrests for atvs, bottom mounts on the floorboard, curves back around fender, bolts on to sides of rear racks. And they are adjustable. Looked into my kimpex catalogue and they are called kimpex fender guards, sold w or w/o footrests. and they cover all the major brands/models.
. footrests.jpg

Last edited:

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I have the footrest from kimpex and they work great for kids. They are quite a stretch for width but are height adjustable, the higher the footrest is the more the child will be doing the spits. But yes, they work great.

Top Bottom