Riding Partners???

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the trail like?
Was thinking of going for the sat and sunday looking at the snow forcast

All trails starting to get pounded, as well as the typical hills, lots of riding left if you just open your eyes, even in the popular spots. Got 10 cms of new snow this weekend, not a lot, still hitting old tracks underneath. Hero snow for sure.

Snow conditions were stable in the pit I dug, very much supported by the CAC forecast, but the loose snow on top was still sloughing off, so still need to use caution when riding across alley's or terrain traps as it can build up. If it stays really warm, big stuff could start ripping out. Sat was cloudy and +3 at 8 am and soft, Sunday was clear and about -6 at 8 am and rock hard.

Its spring riding for sure starting now when the skys are clear, brick hard in the AM, barely softened by 10, then daytime temps really ramp the solar heating, gets soft by about 2-3 and then you are dropping skis down low (below about 4000 ft). Plan on riding hard and fast from about 10 til 2, then start to head back to the truck. If you go to Quartz you should be OK for coming down later in the day, as a solid packed trail will probably hold up better. The snow line was about 5500 ft, will stay good for a couple weeks if the temps cool. Was about 9 C on sunday when we left.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all this moisture in the forecast this week and freezing levels around 1700m, shouldn't the hills be getting pounded with snow?

I've never really ridden this long in the season, but since I just got my sled running two weeks ago and have only been out once, I'm hoping to get in as much sledding and boarding as I can!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all this moisture in the forecast this week and freezing levels around 1700m, shouldn't the hills be getting pounded with snow?

I've never really ridden this long in the season, but since I just got my sled running two weeks ago and have only been out once, I'm hoping to get in as much sledding and boarding as I can!

It will be a DEEEp weekend,, still 2 months left:d

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
We've got room on the trailer if someone wants to ride in golden for Saturday & Sunday. Haven't yet decided if we're leaving tonight or Saturday morning. PM me by 2pm today if you want to join!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got room on the trailer if someone wants to ride in golden for Saturday & Sunday. Haven't yet decided if we're leaving tonight or Saturday morning. PM me by 2pm today if you want to join!

That spot was just taken :beer::beer:. Shawn & Rich maybe we'll see you guys at Gorman Sunday???

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That spot was just taken :beer::beer:. Shawn & Rich maybe we'll see you guys at Gorman Sunday???

looks like better conditions for some sun on sunday so ya we may doo that,, stay in touch:beer::beer:

but it looks deeper to the south ohhhh decisions

bradz

Reaction score
I want to head out this weekend but all the guys I ride with are busy. Let me know if anybody wants to head out to golden or revy. Anybody interested in going please let me know.

Top Bottom