Riding Partners???

thecheyner

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone or any groups are looking for another riding partner? I've had several buddies sell their sleds in the past months because of life circumstances (marriage, kids, or new jobs) and I'm finding it difficult to convince the others to get off the couch on the weekends for some reason, and it's getting frustrating because I've ridden only 3 days this year, when the last 4 years I've had no less 20 plus days a year.
I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who is finding it difficult to find consistent riding partners or have once found themselves in a similar situation to mine.
I'd like to utilize this forum to make some new friends who like to ride golden and revy, and even people who like to snomoboard as well. I’d love me some good snowboard lines at Gorman, boulder, and quartz.

I'm experienced in the backcountry, I started out backcountry splitboard touring(before I could afford a sled) and have taken several courses and have been lucky enough to have friends who were guiding for a while so I’ve learned a lot. I've been mountain snowmobiling for 5 years and snowboarding for 14. I'm very safety orientated and want to minimize the risk every time I'm out there.

I maintain my sled, have a good truck with a deck, and would really like to meet some other sledheads to join forces with.

Please take pitty on a sledhead stranded in calgary.:beer:

Cheers

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear your pain, I found myself in the same boat this year. You will get bites from this post, but if you post I want to head out this weekend to Goolden, etc, you will find partners to ride with

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
i will be really happy to ride with you... i'm pretty much in the same boat...all my ridding buddy are working up north this year... if you're up me and a few other guy will be riding revy/golden march 11 to 14. PM me if ure interested

Pierre

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat got out last weekend had I blast I work lots but try to get out every Sunday

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There we go, we now have a riding group lol...... I will be posting for riding buddies too when I am looking at heading out. Stood up 2 times this Feb. And appears the same for March, I got 2 weekends off this month and I will be sledding, so I will be lookign for partners

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put up a thread in snowmobile chat for this lets see if it works

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm always looking for riding partners since I don't know many people in the area with sleds

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you do what I do you never run out of people to ride with...
1. Just go yourself and meet new people at the staging area
2. Post you want to go on here and you can meet people at certain places at certain times.
3. Start a new group with the poeple that you meet

This is what I do and i have been out a lot..... Never made it out this weekend as the wife wasnt feeling well so I didnt make it.
Thinking of next Saturday at Silent Pass
Joshua335 are you in (sorry about Saturday buddy)
PM me.... wouldnt mind having 3-5 guys in a group to head out therewith another 25-30cms showing up this week
RP

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be going next weekend to silent or hope wanted to go this weekend but forgot to re register the truck

thecheyner

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, I got to ride saturday, but sunday fell through because my deck is having issues, let me know when you're planning on riding and where and I'll try to mae it out

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I'll be going next weekend to silent or hope wanted to go this weekend but forgot to re register the truck

I was thinking about going the 26th 27 to either Golden or Revy,,,need some riding partners as well..I see you live in Airdrie as well

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you do what I do you never run out of people to ride with...
1. Just go yourself and meet new people at the staging area
2. Post you want to go on here and you can meet people at certain places at certain times.
3. Start a new group with the poeple that you meet

This is what I do and i have been out a lot..... Never made it out this weekend as the wife wasnt feeling well so I didnt make it.
Thinking of next Saturday at Silent Pass
Joshua335 are you in (sorry about Saturday buddy)
PM me.... wouldnt mind having 3-5 guys in a group to head out therewith another 25-30cms showing up this week
RP

No worries about Saturday, had a great day with the other guys. Sorry can't make it, March 26th is the next day I can go, booked up with other non-sledding stuff for next couple weekends.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry_first_of_all,keyboard_is_fawked.Would_like_to_get_out_this_weekend_
aswell.Regular-guys-are-not-riding-and-hae-to-get-out(got-fawked-with-work-past-two-weekends).Intermediate-rider-probably,38-riding-09-summit.
Jamie_312-4118:beer:

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep im going some where this weekend for shure prob a day trip on sunday cause i work way to much for winter willing to go anywhere riding a 09 summit that i just rebuilt prob like 80k on it , i'm 31 farily new to the mountians second season but can get around just fine got my truck reg done today will be replacing the front u joints after work tomarrow should be golden

just an idea maby post who needs a ride and who has a spot avaible might get i good turn out

thecheyner

Reaction score
Looking to go to Golden this weekend for a day trip. I have friday sat and Sun off. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's not the same as what you are asking, but there may be two of us heading to corbin with sleds and boards in tow for Sunday. Leaving Calgary Sunday morning.

With the conditions we may have to play it safe and just ride around in meadows though. There is one slope I've been wanting to ride. It's fairly safe, but I'd like a 2nd and third opinion on it if possible.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone heading out to Golden this weekend? I would really like to get out.

Top Bottom