Riding in swan hills

joyce

Reaction score
Hi first time on here was thinking of going to swan hills to ride can you give me a good camp site and a good ride area we are experienced

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
When we were there a couple of years ago, at this time of the year ,it was a real struggle to find trails that were not all skeg. Don't remember exactly where we camped but it was just north of Butterfly Creek(I think that was the name),, don't take my word for it. Someone else on here will chime up I am sure.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its beautiful country out there but as said the trails are all skeg and you wont put to many miles on thats for sure. Was out that way last year for a day ride and rode for 8 hrs putting on a whopping 25 km's lol.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
There's Trapper Lea's cabin near the centre of Alberta on the way to swan hills from Barrhead on hwy 33. But as said before, a lot of those trails are muskeg, as are most trails to the east. Not sure about the other directions. Freeman lake has a campground to the south on hwy 32 I believe and maybe Edith lake as well to the northwest a bit.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Depends on what you like. Rode that whole area around the centre or Alberta a few years back with kids TRX90 a XR400 and a handful of 4x4 machines. Was a few places of tough slugging but made it through. It was wet that year and fairly well used.

Top Bottom