Riding Golden - March 5th-9th

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorman is absolutely fine if you are intermediate rider and have proper avy awareness buddy who is crying about it being to much doesn't no what he's talking about all the zones are dangerous sum more than others. They guide 1st timers into golden all the time do there u go
Yes, with a guide it's fine. It's more about knowing where to go. It can quickly get socked in there, and very difficult to find your way out. That is all Modman is trying to say.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, with a guide it's fine. It's more about knowing where to go. It can quickly get socked in there, and very difficult to find your way out. That is all Modman is trying to say.

LOL I didn't say jack sh!t yet :) Think you meant Tex but no offence taken. I do get what Tex is saying and you guys gotta remember that people always seem to call themselves "experienced" on the internet. Getting down into Lang and a storm blows in, getting back up to the saddle can be hard, its a big open area with no points of reference and I've fallen over a few of those little drops a time or two, trying to get back out of there. If you don't know where you are going, you might as well be on the moon. Even on a flat light day I've piled up into a snowbank or two when u can't see them.

Lots of potential for Gorman to move, its deceiving and can be a place people get comfortable and think they are in the safe area. If it rips out, it generally rips out big so be prepared with body bags if your buddies want to stab sh!t on them big hills, i've seen avy debris pile up 25 ft deep in the drainages around there. Remember: the bigger the hill, the bigger the consequence.

Watch the south facing slopes later in the day if the sun comes out, and keep your eyes peeled for the little stuff, if you're starting to see little hills cutting loose, its likely that the big ones just need a little more effort to trigger it. Gorman's been lucky that no one has died yet, lots of guys have come close though.

Ride Safe.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good I'm glad u guys agree, was starting to wonder

Yes are lots of hidden drops ect, that flat light ect I have also gone over bars ect, and didn't know it was coming

2 years ago a dude died with his son there at the bottom , from going over a cliff that he didn't know was there, couldn't see cause it socked in ect

It's just not a place for people to go that have never been there without going with a guide or someone that's been there

Even year to year it's been different as the snow blows in different

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Top Bottom