Riding Golden - March 5th-9th

PhillyP

Reaction score
Group going to Golden March 5th to the 9th, first time in the area, any recommendations where to go, all intermediate to advanced riders.

Thanks

knocksum

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with quartz creek, gorman and silent pass for first timers. Long logging road in for silent and radio required. But should be plowed to 48 km marker.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with quartz creek, gorman and silent pass for first timers. Long logging road in for silent and radio required. But should be plowed to 48 km marker.

Huh, Gorman for first timers

Wrong place for them no matter how good of riders they are

I've been there tons, if it blows in ect it's hard to find a way out, I still get creeped out with the over hanging snow, and the pic of 1986 when the north face took the hole lake off and pushed it up the other side

Even 2 years ago it took 1/2 the lake off and portable potty that's been there for years

U trying to send them a death sentence ???

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been there tons, if it blows in ect it's hard to find a way out, I still get creeped out with the over hanging snow, and the pic of 1986 when the north face took the hole lake off and pushed it up the other side

Even 2 years ago it took 1/2 the lake off and portable potty that's been there for years

Soo not Gorman as Tex posted. I would recommend Quartz, warm up Cabin, groomed. Some easy stuff to learn on and easy to navigate.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

PhillyP

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, looking for something with descent climbs, meadows and trees...I will do some research before heading out, plug some numbers into the garmin...the road to silent, CB radios?

hgl800

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, looking for something with descent climbs, meadows and trees...I will do some research before heading out, plug some numbers into the garmin...the road to silent, CB radios?

VHF. You can rent at High Country Communications or GSR for sure. I wouldnt want to go without, there is quite a bit of traffic, especially for the first 17 km up the main

knocksum

Reaction score

If I didn't see intermediate or advanced rider I would not have recommended gorman. An intermediate or advanced back country rider will know avalanche conditions and its dangers. Gorman has great climbs and I wouldn't avoid it if you know your stuff.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I didn't see intermediate or advanced rider I would not have recommended gorman. An intermediate or advanced back country rider will know avalanche conditions and its dangers. Gorman has great climbs and I wouldn't avoid it if you know your stuff.

But doesn't matter or not how good they ride

Gorman is not a place to go blind, as in never been before without someone that knows it well

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"

Gorman is not a place to go blind, as in never been before without someone that knows it well"

you couldn't find your own ass with both your hands

Yet again dude, take a wide lick up my white azz

Mabe get a life after ur done also

Oh and stay in Saskatchewan for the rest of us please

springer

Reaction score
hey wup ass who gave you the authority to tell people to stay at home

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic

Gorman is good, but sketchy at the best of times

Like I said, new place to ride for the guys asking, mabe not the best place to go

2dawgsfawkin

Reaction score
"

Yet again dude, take a wide lick up my white azz

Mabe get a life after ur done also

Oh and stay in Saskatchewan for the rest of us please

more helpful advise. Thanks

wondering if you could help me out on another issue. I've never been to the mountains and would like to go this weekend. I own a 86 Phaser with a 80" track an 3/4" lugs, and is awesome for ditchbanging. You think Gorman would be a good fit for me? Any chance of meeting some real live hillbillies in BC? Do they bite? Should i get shots just in case? Do they speak English?

don't feel bad about the ass thing. You're not alone.

ass.jpg

Last edited:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"

Gorman is not a place to go blind, as in never been before without someone that knows it well"

you couldn't find your own ass with both your hands

Why why not, I have went in with 2 other friends on our own, and have never been before. We played in Holt, and in Lang. Been back probably over 10 times since. If you are experienced I wouldn't worry. Don't let people scare you from exploring. Just be safe.

PhillyP

Reaction score
thanks for the input, and the entertainment, lol, we have someone going with the group that knows the areas pretty good and has quite a bit of experience in the mountains so I think we should be fine.

M1200turbo

Reaction score
Gorman is absolutely fine if you are intermediate rider and have proper avy awareness buddy who is crying about it being to much doesn't no what he's talking about all the zones are dangerous sum more than others. They guide 1st timers into golden all the time do there u go

Top Bottom