Riding at the lake

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys got the sleds out today put a track in from the beach to the far side of the lake, the ice is a good 10 inches at that point, lots out ice fishing in the narrows.
Felt good to get the machine running, I don't know if i'll ever get use to the engine breaking on my Apex, it dam near put me over the windshield this afternoon.
We have a good 5 inches of snow but there is no base, so the carbids are taking a licking on the road.

I see guys are driving quads around the outside of the lake, it's ok as long as they know where the springs are.

See you on the trails
Don
:)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks we are stuck at 5 inches of snow, the good thing, the ice is going to be safe this year. I was out on it this weekend and did not run into any over flow.
The forecast is indicating snow by the weekend so get the drums out and start the snow dance .

See you on the trails
Don
:)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all S and M readers
Well we got a nice dump this weekend, I could probably stretch the tape and measure 12 inches on the ground. There isn't much of a base, but if it warms up this week that will help. Friends of mine put 60k on saturday an had a great time. We need another foot to cover those nuggets that remove sled parts.

See you on the trails
Don:thumbsup2:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks it appears we will get another dump this week so let the riding begin.
The lake area has some nice rides but this time of the year there is more suprises than you can imagine.
The PIPE line has nuggets as big as your hood hidding under that light snow cover, the roach on the pipe line runs down the middle to west side and it has rocks all along it.
The south end at Johnson valley has usually had a 24 in disc ran through it so be cautious of that.
East of the Figure Lake pumping station on that pipe line is a ROCK orchard.
But the Trap of Traps is the creek north of the lake STAY OFF no matter what it looks like, there are two new beaver houses on the creek so you know that could be an issue.

Have a great season of safe riding, and remember know where you are, if sh1t happens, and you or your friend has a bad wreck the 911 operator will ask you that question, have the correct answer.

See you on the trails
Don

:happyholidayswreath

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need new update.........trying to get out there between X-Mas and New Years for the week........

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
We ended up with about 18 inches of feathers, it will take some warm weather to settle the snow. One thing the snow load did was crack the ice on the lake and the top water is everywhere. If you are planning to ride on the lake bring your rubber boots it is very wet under the snow.
Please stay off the creek, it is open at the mouth and several other locations.

See you on the trails
Don:happyholidayswreath

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates........repped ya for them.........see ya in a week.......

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mr Pride
I think we are comming out that way for a ride on Monday,Well Im pretty sure I am,Let me know what your plans are for Monday dude!
Should be as good as anywhere!
catmando!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION all riders in the Boyle area The hospital is closed from the 24th to the 29th of December All the doctors are MIA
You will have to go to Athabasca or Lac La Biche for medical needs

Thats a first for this area, so "Lets Becarefull Out There"

:happyholidayswreath:xmas-smiley-019:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Rudy was out for a little ride yesterday, same amount of snow here as in the Fort, lots of rocks under that cover, be careful
Don

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to be out tomorrow and go out on friday and flag and clean some trails with the family

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode up the area the last three days..........rode the pipeline south to Smokey yup needs more snow......was slow moving lots of land mines...........next day went north to Plamondon was better than south but still had to watch for land mines.....considering the conditions is was not that bad.....

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I would like to wish all a Safe and Happy New Year

See you on the trails
Don:)

davfid

Reaction score
Hey Don , thanx again for helping me set up my sled. We went to tarpot and back & it handled awesome ..........

Top Bottom