Riding at the lake

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi to all
Well it has been above zero here the last couple of days so we lost about 3-4 inches of snow depth. The forecast is for coool weather this weekend so that will harden up the snow we have left and make for a great base.
Now we need to get down and do the dance so we pick up at least two feet.

See you on the trails
Don
:i_need_snow:

:Holidayslol:
Have a Merry Christmas to all that celebrate
it tomorrow

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys we are getting what we wished for, it just took the Ukranian Christmas before it got here .:d
Now a very important message for all Snow and Mud readers, my sister is a paramedic, she calls this HEART ATTACK Snow, remember for all of us that have had our 50th birthday, YOUR NOT FIFTY anymore, push the snow don't try and lift it. :nono: If your shovel is wider than your a$$ it's to big. ;)

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys
Saturday update: 6 inches of feathers last night, no base
We'll wait and see what saturday night brings us, it's snowing again but very light.
Sunday update to follow.
Don:i_need_snow:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don
You must of been on the tail end of it. We had a good 10" just south of you. Playing in the powder for part of the day till I was stuck in a 6ft drift

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Guys
Sorry to report we only got a foot over the last week, I wanted two:d, and it's still snowing, I'm getting tired of plowing snow around here. The Grizz is just about tapped out, I'm going to have to get a plow for the Rhino if this keeps up.
So, honest depth in the bush is above my knee, two feet.

See you on the trails
Don

P.S or B.S. My winter predicton has been pretty close eh.
Wait until it really starts to snow in the 2nd and 3rd week of february, we will
probably tap out this year with around 4-5 feet so park the short tracks.
The top water on all the lakes I ride is the sh!ts, I was on Figure lake and Long last week and it was slowing my Apex
so if you have little ones out on the lake be careful.

There is one location I would like to advise you of, I have been riding on Figure Lake for years and I have been missing
the nugget all that time. It's on the east side of the lake about 150 feet off the shore and about 1 km south of the north end, this rock is 2ft high and about 4 ft round, this will ruin your day if you hit it.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Guys
Sorry to report we only got a foot over the last week, I wanted two:d, and it's still snowing, I'm getting tired of plowing snow around here. The Grizz is just about tapped out, I'm going to have to get a plow for the Rhino if this keeps up.
So, honest depth in the bush is above my knee, two feet.

See you on the trails
Don

P.S or B.S. My winter predicton has been pretty close eh.
Wait until it really starts to snow in the 2nd and 3rd week of february, we will
probably tap out this year with around 4-5 feet so park the short tracks.
The top water on all the lakes I ride is the sh!ts, I was on Figure lake and Long last week and it was slowing my Apex
so if you have little ones out on the lake be careful.

There is one location I would like to advise you of, I have been riding on Figure Lake for years and I have been missing
the nugget all that time. It's on the east side of the lake about 150 feet off the shore and about 1 km south of the north end, this rock is 2ft high and about 4 ft round, this will ruin your day if you hit it.

Figure Lake? or Loon Lake north of LL. I must be lost as I thought Figure was on the east side of the grazing reserve which has rocks also. The east end of Loon Lake has rocks also, used to paddle there with the canoe way back when I was ambitious. Ran out of water and never made it to Amisk.:eek: Thanks for the snow update, taking the kids out there next weekend.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Snochuk
Yes Figure lake is east of LL about 5 km, just west of the Big pipe line
Don

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don,

How far East of the lake is the North/South pipeline run to Smokey Lake?
Thxs.
Switch:):)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi SWitch
As the crow fly, about 8 km
You can take the road that comes from the old gravel pit across from the narrows or several trails, if there is enough snow on the road to run that is a good ride, watch for oilfield pickups.

Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well Long Lake has never had this much top water as long as I can remember, many folks got stuck out there this weekend, very scarrrry. I did see some holes that where tight to the shore around the Beaver Houses and runs.
I would not recommend you operate anything with light power on the lake until we get a good freeze.
See you on the TRAIL
Don
:thumbsup2:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin and i did a tour at christmas from skeleton to hope to amisk to cricket and back to skeleton lake and the flood water was unreal on all the lakes. I would stick to the shore lines if your not running decent power.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the conditions holding up in the area.........any new snow? Lakes any better?

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catpride, DFI and I rode the lake two weeks ago and the conditions wre pretty good . Rode east and down the pipeline offshooting onto a few meadows and fields, snow was pretty deep. Lake top water was pretty well frozen but did notice a lack off sledders.The pipeline was in good condition and had a good ride putting on about 86 km that day.:):)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Guys it`s been a beautiful riding year and I think I put on 400 km, go figure. The temp has been cool and I have been lazzzzzzy and that`s my story. But the weather is changing and I would like all the guys that ride out here to be cautious of the north end creek, the water is flowing in a few spots and I could smell that open water stink when I was in the area. The south end of my riding area, off the Newbrook road near the gravel pits and the two lakes have some culverts running under the roadway at the BIG dip, stay away the water is flowing, be careful there.
There was a set of rakes just now being exposed down in the Johnson valley so again pick your spots to give it the gas.
The big pipe line is nice, but the Nuggets are showing there tops now.

It`s suppose to be a great weekend so get out and enjoy, but remember the GOLDEN HOUR here in the Boyle area is about three hours if you need medical attention.
Well I`ll close for this winter, have a safe Spring Break, and maybe see u on the trails this summer.

Oh ya, might be trading in the Apex and buying tracks for the Rhino next fall, then if a few of us out here can get our Sh t together I`ll start pulling a groomer on some of the bumpy area`s close to the lake.

See you on the trails
Don
:rino::d Let the muddin begin

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll be out this weekend for one last ride:d
Should be bout 15 sleds, trees will be sacrificed!!!:eek:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 100 km on today, it was REMARKABLE, hot and sunny, if your comming out this weekend, or in the future, the roads are black, plan your rides around that and you'll have a great day.
See u on the trails
Let the muddin begin
Don:rino::d

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome ride yesterday in the valley. Cooked some hot dogs and marshmallows, crazy carpeted the big hill in the lease. Kids had a blast at the hill and riding the trails. Nice and warm so the snowballs were flying and almost all trees survived:d:d

Top Bottom