Riding at the lake

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding at Long lake

Well folks, here we go again.

(75) (45) (40) (30) (15) 0 we are riding at the lake.

Sorry I can't tell you which lake but you might figure it out . Have a great Fall, it's beautiful out here
See you on the trails

:winkmsn:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks
I sit here in southern Ontario, it's 25 c and beautiful, I'm trying to figure out what my prediction is for our Alberta winter weather. Well here it goes, call it voodoo, call it B.S. whatever.

Snow for Oct 31, staying cold,-5 day to -15 night until nov 25, and it will warm for a few days then hang onto your touque cause it will be -25 by the 28th.We should get a foot to a foot and a half in nov.

December will be dry and cooool maybe half a foot.

January is a no brainer, it's always cold and very little snow except this year, there will be more snow.

February and March at Long Lake are our big snow months and I see at least another two feet, but it will be cold this year, normally it's warmer.

April, gone to Punta Cana who cares.

Last year at Long Lake was a poor season for sledding, this will be a great year, so get the machines out of storage and get your a$$ in gear because it will be here soon.

See you on the Trails
Don
:trustme:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys there is snow in the mountains, the LLake history books say we are three weeks away from the white stuff, get the machines torn down, cleaned up, and ready for the season.

There has been several areas that have had knew fencing erected up near the "Steel Bridge",some ditching by farmers in the White earth area(Johnson Valley) Etc. I will post the new issues as they are brought to my attention.

FYI The Trapper that owns the cabin at Windy Lake near Amisk Lake has had damage done to his place over the last year, ie garbage, knocking the Outhouse over etc. I have spoken to him, he would like the visitors to be a little more "user friendly" when they stop ( Please and thankyou) it sure gives us all a bad name.
People from around the world have visited his place and it would be nice to keep it in the shape it is now.

For the locals that visit there in the winter and summer months, if you had two hours to spare to drop a load of fire wood off it would be nice, the road in is useable right now.

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys we are just about there. It was -6 at the lake this morning, most of the small ponds and creeks had an ice cover over them, the weather is cooperating 100%.

See you on the trail
Don
:thumbsup2:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys
It's snowing as I write this, the wet stuff and it won't last but it gets the heart going.

Just a heads up, I was talking with a friend that was out quading yesterday north of the lake, north and west of the steel bridge the farmer has put in some new fence and the old wire is laying all over the the trails.

See you on the trails
Don
FYI two months until Christmas eve
:eek:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the snow out there either. Kids saying they want to ride more this year while looking at all the sleds at the sled show. Was at the farm for a little huntig and got a really nice moose. Smokies, sausage, peperoni and jerky on the way for muff pot cooking on the trail! 600# at the butcher hanging, a big one for the area.

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don
I am off Nov 8,9,10,11,12 . If your decide on doing a little trail maintenace let me know. I could come and lend a hand or 2. Maybe find a moose while we are at it or a deer

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Well like most of alberta we all got a taste of the white stuff over the last 24 hrs, to bad it won't stay, but thats ok, hang in there it's coming. The lake water was at +5 yesterday and with the snow it will cool it down.

Mark we will get a ride in during that break of yours and maybe a little ice testing at the same time.

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well this month has been about as lame as it gets, I would love to report a big freeze and 2 feet of snow, but we all know that is not happening. Went for a little Rhino ride today, good time had by all, the trails are dry but the water holes are still wet, no frost yet. The lake has a few frozen areas but it will be a while before we venture on it..
Ok guys lets get the drums beating and the feet taping and put a snow dance together that we could put on Dancing with the Stars, I guarantee the snow will be here in a week or two.

See you on the trails
Don
:canadaflag:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys it's been cold enough to freeze over the lake as of yesterday. Keep it up and we will be riding before april
:dSee you on the trails

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Did some ice testing today, approx. 4 inches in front of the beach, and as thick as 6 inches in a few other spots.
See you on the trails SOON
Don:)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys it was -29 here this morning, if that isn't making ice nothing will.
I will probably see Superduties on the ice this weekend (hope Not) The weather is suppose to be great this weekend so I will venture around and get somemore testing done.
See you on the trails
Don:d

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skeleton Lake froze over four days ago.....went to bed at 2:30am with huge whitecaps.........up at 7am frozen............tough year to get a smooth hockey rink.....JS

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
For those of you that have to try out that new rig, we picked up a couple inches last night and it's still coming down. But remember the nugents are everywhere, and they will bite your sled.
See you on the trails SOON
Don
:d

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i just read your initial post and you were pretty damn close on your temps up until now....the got the cold snap just before the 25th, but good predictions.....you should go into weather god knows the guys on tv never come close to being that accurate

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the ice fisherman are out on the lake at the narrows. I did a little testing as well, walking across the lake from the beach and testing every 100 feet found the average ice depth to be 8 inches, some spots were 10 inches thick.
Very little top water, which was nice to see.
Please use caution if you are on any lake this time of the year, ice will serve up big surprises.
See you on the trails
Don:eek:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still not much snow though? I heard the Boyle/Grassland area got some late last week?

Top Bottom