Riding around the two Lakes

summit151

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been quading at the two lakes?thinking about going camping there for may long and wondering if its worth it.

summit151

Reaction score
Perfect will check it out, Are we allowed to camp where we put sled camp?(south side of tin town just up the trail) because there pretty strict on when camp goes in and out . just wondering if its frowned upon to stay there for a weekend.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
not sure on that???? just call parks at the gov building in GP,,,,,,,,, they can help you on that....... There is a camp site at Deadhorse meadows,,,,,,,, I know you can't camp at the parking lot at the river above the falls.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can camp where the sledcamps were up to 14 days before you have to move. I think at the falls is only day use though.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two Lakes is definetly a party destination for May long too. Get ready for noise.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Last time we stayed at Two Lakes ( the second lake ) the ranger give me a warning when I used my quad to get firewood. Typical AB park rules apply here also. Make sure you haul them when at the lakes. Camp at Dead Horse Meadows or where the old air strip is at. Fish and Game will more than likely be around so be responsible :d

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time we stayed at Two Lakes ( the second lake ) the ranger give me a warning when I used my quad to get firewood. Typical AB park rules apply here also. Make sure you haul them when at the lakes. Or camp at Dead Horse Meadows where the old air strip is at. Fish and Game will more than likely be around so be responsible :d

The old air strip is Sherman meadows, good spot to camp at if you want to ride around. Dead Horse is down the trail aways.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Long time ago,,,,,,There was a cabin at Sherman Meadows,,,, you could stay overnight in it as long as forestry was not there,, simular to Kakwa Lake, they pulled it and others like it years ago,,,,, I stayed in it and partied the night away.... used a tarp for a hammock and tied it off to some spikes sticking out of the log walls,,,,,,,,, but when I sat on it the spike came shooting out and hit me in the side of the head,,,,,, a few more beers helped me see straight again, hahaha,,,,, then middle of the night the stove pipe on the wood stove fell off and filled the cabin with smoke,,, AWWW!!! Memories!!!

Top Bottom