Rider choppered out of the Renshaw

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got back from McBride and had a first. We made our way back to a nice play area that had a bit of everything. Some smaller climbs and to get the rookies a feel for it, and some fairly technical climbs thru the trees to keep the rest of us entertained. After only about two hours one of our guys took a poke at a wind drifted swail that guys were jumping out of. He had some shoulder problems in the past and when he hit the bottom of the swail and the front end of his sled popped up he dislocated his left shoulder...BAD.:eek: We managed to make him a collar sling out of two tie downs and my bro-in-law doubled him to the cabin; while I rode his sled for him, and left my sled behind. After a short rest at the cabin we could clearly see that there was no way our injured friend would be able to endure the pounding 30km trail down the mountian.:( Luckily we had brought along a sat. phone and after several calls we were able to get a chopper on the way from Valemount. This part I still can't believe.......when we heard the chopper approaching we went back into the cabin to get our buddy ready; and this other idiot that had been just hanging around in the cabin for an hour or so, had decided to smoke a joint in the cabin right afer we all went outside.:rant: :rant: So now we have a chopper landing, with two EMT's that are going into the cabin to treat a patient, and the cabin is just blue with pot smoke.:rolleyes: :mad: We told the EMT's of the situation and they were very understanding, and did a wonderful job of getting our buddy prepared for his flight.:cool: On behalf of our whole group I'd like to thank the North Country Lodge, Ride n Hide, and the McBride RCMP for all their help in fielding our calls, (911 doesn't work on a sat. phone) and getting help on it's way.:perfect10: By the way; if anyone is going to be renting a sled from Ride n Hide the green M7 that Matt used as his hillclimber last season fuggin' rocks. :eek: :D

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smokin in the boys room

Not that I agree with smokin a joint, but it makes you shake your head when there is not another building for miles around, nothing but the great outdoors, and your bud has to toke up right inside the cabin.:rant: As it has been said many times before, it only takes a few to give a bad reputation for the majority.

Tekim:cool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Glad Everything Worked Out, Shredder. Hope The Guys Okay:( . We Had A Similar Experience A Few Years Ago, So I Understand The Excitement That Must've Happened Around Your Group. Hope The Trip Was Good Overall:d THANK GOODNESS FOR SATELLITE PHONES, EH??

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I agree with smokin a joint, but it makes you shake your head when there is not another building for miles around, nothing but the great outdoors, and your bud has to toke up right inside the cabin.:rant: As it has been said many times before, it only takes a few to give a bad reputation for the majority.

Tekim:cool:

:confused: It wasn't our buddy that smoked the joint. The guy that smoked it wasn't even part of our group; he was just there hangin' out.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... not your bud...

I didn't think that it would be one of your group, just the steroetypical buddy.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear everything worked out in the end. How long of a wait was it for the heli.??? Not that I ever want to make that call, but it could give a group an idea of what steps may need to be taken while waiting???:eek: And yes that M7 rocks a buddy of mind had to rent it when his mod died.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Injury

tekim, glad your buddys fine. We've had to wait for the Helicopter before, only to have him not be able to land due to weather. That trail out is brutal when its not groomed and you buddy's in need of medical attention and your forced to pack him out on the back of a sled. You got really lucky and agian, glad everything turned out well.
The guy in the cabin does give the rest of us a bad name every time he does that.

Every Single Time!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep; everytime SBR. As for the wait NosRX1, from our first call till the chopper arrived was about 2 hrs.:)

Auger

Reaction score
Shredder i hope your buddy is doing fine we heard about the chopper going up to Renshaw when we got back from sledding that night.

Top Bottom