ride this Sunday

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone want to ride chatter creek tomorrow?
call me
Shawn

rapptorracing

Reaction score
I do! Are you in golden now? Are you going for the day? I'm in Cochrane, that would be a lllllllonggggg day from here, 17-18 hrs is my estimate. Might be better to leave tonight. Maybe I should wait till next weekend, weather won't be the best tommorow, and it's a big area to explore. Post what your thinking if you read this, I might call a bit later. I have to run and do some chores.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do! Are you in golden now? Are you going for the day? I'm in Cochrane, that would be a lllllllonggggg day from here, 17-18 hrs is my estimate. Might be better to leave tonight. Maybe I should wait till next weekend, weather won't be the best tommorow, and it's a big area to explore. Post what your thinking if you read this, I might call a bit later. I have to run and do some chores.

I am in Calgary!
from cochrane it is 2.5hours to golden and another 45mins to chatter!
It is always worth the day trip, Sun is suposed to be out and I have 2 locals to show us around, I am going either way and I do have a trailer if you are intereseted let me know. it will be a greqat day!
Shawn

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry didn't run into any of you guys up at Chatter this past weekend. It was a bit of a chitshow to say the least. A few guys didnt show up that were going to meet me there & stay so I rode up there the 1st day(Friday) by myself. & then 1 guy finally showed up on Sat. Had a good trip overall with relatively good snow & NO TRACKS anywhere. Got up Sunday & founf a cpl inches of fresh on the ground at my travel trailer so decided to pack up camp & head out for Golden. Hope you guys made it in & out safely if you went & maybe hook-up next time out.

RN

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Shawn..... Did You Go On Your Ride For The Video Yet??? Just Curious When That Was.

not yet!
I was suposed to head to Revy tomorrow and meet up with the crew at the Blair morgan fantasy camp and then go for a rip and some film n with Brett Turcotte and Cody Borchers but some chitty weather is rolling in as we speak, so we are playing it by hour right now, Thomas is watching the satelite weather so lets cross our fingers for some frickin SUN:D
if not it will be later this month and in May Thomas gave me a invite for the spring session when the Heli comes out to play! now that would be sweet.
so ya I am kinda excited because we have canceled 2 times now do to weather, but I KNOW it will be worth the wait. Lets just hope I pull off some sick chit for the Cam!:D
thanks again
I will keep ya posted

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry didn't run into any of you guys up at Chatter this past weekend. It was a bit of a chitshow to say the least. A few guys didnt show up that were going to meet me there & stay so I rode up there the 1st day(Friday) by myself. & then 1 guy finally showed up on Sat. Had a good trip overall with relatively good snow & NO TRACKS anywhere. Got up Sunday & founf a cpl inches of fresh on the ground at my travel trailer so decided to pack up camp & head out for Golden. Hope you guys made it in & out safely if you went & maybe hook-up next time out.

RN

I got your message on Saturday otherwise I was in for sure. I almost came out Solo but it would have been a let down if I did not find ya! after a 4 hour drive. are ya riding this weekend? we must hook up:D

rapptorracing

Reaction score
Blaze you should have come with to Forster for the day, we had a great day. The snow was a lot better than I had hoped for, one side of the lake had 2' of powder and it took me 7 runs to make it over the pass, and the other side had 6" fresh and I could climb anything I dared. The variety made for a lot of fun. I was planning on doing some exploring down the back side but there was too much new snow to risk it, three guys followed me down 300' to the first flat spot were I turned around and climbed back out but only 2/4 of use made it up so I spent next hour helping guys get unstuck.
I can probably make it out this weekend if you want to ride, I'd like to check out Chatter while the snow is decent.

Murray did you get any pics, what areas did you ride? Do you know how much they charge for fuel?

jmercer

Reaction score
Probably count me in for Sunday Shawn. I'll talk to Colin again too, see if he wants to hook up for a 2 day deal again, looking to spend a good weekend riding sometime soon here. Could possibly be riding Saturday if all goes well.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got your message on Saturday otherwise I was in for sure. I almost came out Solo but it would have been a let down if I did not find ya! after a 4 hour drive. are ya riding this weekend? we must hook up:D

Not really planning on riding this weekend, as I'm in Brooks today, Edm tomorrow for 2 days then home for the weekend. Then back to Brooks for 2 days & then home & up into Silent Pass cabin for 4 days starting Wed night.
Chatter will be good for a few weeks yet I would say, so there is still some time to get up in there for some exploring.............. if you guys haven't been there yet, IT'S WICKED!!!!!!!
That being said, I'm always too busy to stop & take pics:D
Not too sure what they charge for fuel there........ I want to say 1.50 a litre or so

Murray

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, was too busy to get away from the meetings!!!!:mad:
at home again for the weekend & then back to Brooks. Will be riding up in Silent Pass starting Wed night till Sunday I think:D

RN

Top Bottom