Rhino Clutching

chicken eyes

Reaction score
Hey I'm a new member and this probbaly already been covered. But can you set the clutch for low end torque and still get more top end.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HunterWorks.com has slider weights that drop the belt lower in the clutch giving you more bottom end and the top part of the weight will put you into over drive. You should just about get 80 km/per hour

chicken eyes

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I read about Hunterworks but dont know anyone with there products. I hate all these aftermarket claims with no results.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the HW weights, the problem is once you get them you are stuck with them. I opted for a UTV crap sheave, and drilled my primary weights according to my riding condition, mods, IE. tires for low end.

I guess you could drill them as well,.. but I got a bad taste when they were first released and were the BIG HIPE. Problem was they reduced your low end and increased your top end, made low end bog horrible especially stock.. I mentioned this to Todd but he didn't listen, I mentioned that you will have to use a 1.5mm shim to get your low end back, but of course I was told this wouldn't work and wasn't needed. Now Todd cuts the HW weights so they sit lower so you don't sacrifice low end, you could probably say I invented the low end cut OD weights, but it's not documented. One guy did do it on RF.net and had good results,.. but I am not into modifying something that should have been right from the start.

The UTV crap sheave has a lower cut for low end, and cut for high end,.. I don't know about you, but I don't need to go MACH ZILLION in my rhino, so I like my machined sheave.

You should post what you have done to your rhino,.. that may give us a better idea of what "may" be a good option for what you are looking for.

chicken eyes

Reaction score
My Rhino is mostly stock. I have 26" STI tires, Dragonfire ECU and 1 5/8' exhaust tip. I don't want much morespeed, but 80 km/hr would be nice. Top speed now is 72 km/hr. I'm sceptic of aftermarket because of the Dragonfire ECU. My rhino only starts on the second try and will cut out on hot days, but only since the ECU was installed. The exhaust tip was nice. You can feel the slight difference and it costs less then 50 bucks without the noise of a pipe in public areas.

chicken eyes

Reaction score
My Rhino is mostly stock. I have 26" STI tires, Dragonfire ECU and 1 5/8' exhaust tip. I don't want much morespeed, but 80 km/hr would be nice. Top speed now is 72 km/hr. I'm sceptic of aftermarket because of the Dragonfire ECU. My rhino only starts on the second try and will cut out on hot days, but only since the ECU was installed. The exhaust tip was nice. You can feel the slight difference and it costs less then 50 bucks without the noise of a pipe in public areas.

Does anyone know of a reliable clutch system that will give me 5mph without losing low end torque. Even a little more bottom end would be nice.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to the guys at utv inc. formally utv crap, they know rhinos and will get you working well, they have done more rhinos spent more time fine tuning them than anyone.

Top Bottom