rhino aftermarket ignition

jsquared

Reaction score
Just looking for alittle more speed out of my 700 rhino right now im getting 66km, its stock with 27 swamplites. how much more speed will i get out of a aftermarket ignition some videos on youtube are showing stock rhino with msd ignition doing 50mph dynatec stock doing 48mph just dont know if this is facts or just plain BS. Need some input on what are guys running for aftermarket ignitions with no clutch work and what kind of speeds you are getting before i make my decision. thanks

doober

Reaction score
Dont know about the CDI, but apparently the best thing you can do is get the HotRod sheeve, thats what I am going to do. I have some OD weights now and my speedo will say 59-60 (speedos arent completely accurate)

DTH

Reaction score
where can you get the hotrod sheave?

Go to rhinoforums.net, all the info is there. It is by far the first and best mod you should do and was only about $330.00 cnd to my door. I'm getting 49.8 mph on the gps with 26" tires and full windshield with roof, that is an increase of 8-9 mph over stock. I'm sure i could get a little more out of it without the windshield and roof.

Last edited:

Mikehunt

Reaction score
Go to rhinoforums.net, all the info is there. It is by far the first and best mod you should do and was only about $330.00 cnd to my door. I'm getting 49.8 mph on the gps with 26" tires and full windshield with roof, that is an increase of 8-9 mph over stock. I'm sure i could get a little more out of it without the windshield and roof.
X2 i have this same sheave and can do 80 km/h with 27swamplites windshield and a rear cage. It gives you more bottom end also

MHC73

Reaction score
Check out Velocity Devices. VDI makes a cpu replacement that can be mapped specifically to your vehicle with all your mods. I believe the owners name is Lyle and VDI is out of Calgary. I had an issue with one of his units; he sent me a replacement and an envelope to get the old one back... took 2 days. Awesome service plus he's fairly local being in Calgary. I also got more speed of of my old Rhino than a similar Rhino with a MSD. But, MSD has more maps already programmed. VDI can only have two. I had an 09 with 30" mudlites, 2" lift, Gibson pipe, API filters, and I was getting high 85- 88km/hr on GPS...

jigger

Reaction score
X3 on the hotrod sheave I have one in my 09 700 and my dad has one in his 06 660. Increases top speed but I like that it really helps with the bottom end. I'm not exactly sure which one increases your top end more CPU or sheave. If I had to do only one I would do the sheave. I had a sheave from a different company Good top end speed but it had a shift point because the outer edge of the roller track of the sheave was milled and as the roller weights went over the edge it would drop the rpm and cause a shift then climb to the top speed. The hot rod sheave uses OD weights and doesn't mill the outer edge of the roller track. I looked at vdi but the cost at the time was a lot more than a msd. I hit 85-88 km/h on the gps with 4 seater, full roof, windshield and 27 mud lite xtr.

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give hot rod a call jbs he is a stand up guy and he will take the time to help a guy out ,, I'm getting 88-90 kph out of my 07 with duel muzzy , jetting , cdi, and hot rod sheave with orange spring

Top Bottom