Rex Murphy and premier Jason Kenney

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am wondering if the coal fired plants couldn't be brought back on stream. throw nutty in with a load!

The coal plants near Geneseeare all being converted to natural gas I believe.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The coal plants near Geneseeare all being converted to natural gas I believe.

By 2030, Capital Power would have done it as part of their own strategic capital investment plan by 2050, but that wasn't good enough for the NDP so now WE get to foot the bill for the upgrades in order to meet the 2030 timeline.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By 2030, Capital Power would have done it as part of their own strategic capital investment plan by 2050, but that wasn't good enough for the NDP so now WE get to foot the bill for the upgrades in order to meet the 2030 timeline.
bummer

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe some of the newer Alberta coal plants were built to be easily converted to gas from coal and when Notley canned the coal they made a simple switch and pockets millions in grants from the ndp.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keephills is ready to rock on gas and Sundance is being converted as we speak.

We just finished installing all the separators and metering skids at battle river plant for there transition.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned the floating rate has been at the cap rate for almost a year and half and the cap was coming off in May 2020 or 2021 anyway. Shady deal by the NDP.
That’s why I locked it to a fixed contract and it’s 5.89 cents so cheaper. Pretty obvious what’s coming in the electricity market, is roses is still get better lock in ASAP. You can flip back and forth every 30 days for no fees just a 2 min phone call.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think with the cap on power, Nutley was making up the difference with your tax dollars, not really capping the actual price
Could be wrong

Hence the ppa law suits where the ndp sued itself. They can’t make them sell for less, they can just subsidize. You pay for it all eventually.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
helping out his rich buddies?

I say good work Kenny. the power and insurance companies are really hurting in these tuff time lmfao

Insurance industry was a mess and losing money. People were having their coverage dropped when they couldn’t be given an increase. prices will go up, but look at the cost of repairing new vehicles. If we want cheap insurance we need to stop buying 100k trucks.
Not gonna happen.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
insurance companies are all making big money from what I've seen.

can't find one that looses. which one is that?

Most are national / international companies, and make money on the whole, but lose in Alberta. They won’t keep selling in Alberta if they lose enough.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insurance industry was a mess and losing money. People were having their coverage dropped when they couldn’t be given an increase. prices will go up, but look at the cost of repairing new vehicles. If we want cheap insurance we need to stop buying 100k trucks.
Not gonna happen.

show me one insuranse company that is loosing money.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can show you many that have been bailed out to the tune of a trillion dollars.

bUT not because of too many claims from Alberta, but from piss poor investments and corruption and bad management.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
“In 2017 auto insurers in Alberta collected $3.3 billion in premiums and paid out over $2.7 billion in claims expenses in 2017”

Now take off additional op cost and expenses and sure doesn’t look like insurance companies in Alberta are doing healthy?

Source:
https://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/...ng-alberta-auto-insurers-the-most-1004164561/

how much $ did they make on that 3.3billion? it doesn't just sit in a savings account. and 1 bad year in one market, woopty do.. only made 600milion or so in berta of premiums that year. I feel so sorry for them

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they don't double my rates,(again) how are they going to fuND that 3rd super yaht or pedefile island 2.0 for the top brass.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much $ did they make on that 3.3billion? it doesn't just sit in a savings account. and 1 bad year in one market, woopty do.. only made 600milion or so in berta of premiums that year. I feel so sorry for them

some people would be happy with 18% profit. not these guys lmfao

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some people would be happy with 18% profit. not these guys lmfao

You don’t know their profit, $600M doesn’t include all expenses...

I would bet a successful contractor aims for 10-15% profit margin over the year? Insurance is much higher risk, as an investor I would want a much higher profit margin.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don’t know their profit, $600M doesn’t include all expenses...

I would bet a successful contractor aims for 10-15% profit margin over the year? Insurance is much higher risk, as an investor I would want a much higher profit margin.

lmao there is NO risk involved. they loose money and they get a trillion dollars given to them.

Top Bottom