Revy avy bag rentals?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little early time of the year for worrying about avy bags don't ya think ???

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I dunno....looks like lots of snow coming and I have a bag so why not use it? There have been some pretty big slides I valemount already this year. I just don't want to b first to find one on boulder.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying not much snow , to realy slide.

Plus the snow pack was late , lack of warm cold , rain ect.

So far from what I seen the layers are good , with nothing bad.

kgazzard

Reaction score
Check out Rough Country in revelstoke for Avy bag rentals

Sent from my iPhone using

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of avalanches happening all over the place. With the stuff happening early as well as the new snow and warmer temps???? Yes there will be a lot more

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I was trying to say was I don't think a avy bag would be critical quite yet as its been cold , with no rain , hoar frost ect.

The snow has good layers to it to the ground from where I have checked.

On a side note. Not sure if this guy would rent a avy pack.... Some brands have enough issues not working everytime allready. Now its a rental it get blown off more , and Mabe wears out more faster ???

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
What I was trying to say was I don't think a avy bag would be critical quite yet as its been cold , with no rain , hoar frost ect.

The snow has good layers to it to the ground from where I have checked.

On a side note. Not sure if this guy would rent a avy pack.... Some brands have enough issues not working everytime allready. Now its a rental it get blown off more , and Mabe wears out more faster ???

umm...it's better than not having one......and I replaced the faulty trigger on my bca and it was super easy to do and the company sent it out ASAP no charge no shipping costs no duty. Thanks bca and yes we will probably be giving you a shout at rough country...thank you

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
umm...it's better than not having one......and I replaced the faulty trigger on my bca and it was super easy to do and the company sent it out ASAP no charge no shipping costs no duty. Thanks bca and yes we will probably be giving you a shout at rough country...thank you

I agree that its better to have than not.

Look at the percentages of non abs to....

Just was trying to say that Mabe u don't need to search for one so much , as its not needed as much as say 3-4 weeks from now.

Every week its different ect...

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess its not fair to pick on you Tex, because there are thousands of mountain riders that don't have an avy bag.
It is ALWAYS a good idea to wear an avy bag in the mountains, no matter what time of year it is. Slides occur in the early season too!

I agree that its better to have than not.

Look at the percentages of non abs to....

Just was trying to say that Mabe u don't need to search for one so much , as its not needed as much as say 3-4 weeks from now.

Every week its different ect...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one.

I suppose but this year is going to be a better year to start as far as snow pack being stable.

Now having said that the way it snowed yesterday and today its going to be deep this weekend

Last edited:
Top Bottom