Revelstoke Conditions

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Hall mtn this past Sat.....trail up is in really good shape for not being groomed....was pretty tracked up but still found lots of good powder in the trees!:beer:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The lots are bare, at Boulder Herb has made a trail around the front lot and scrounged up snow to cover the trail to the back lot. You will ride some gravel from the booth to the bridge and then it`s good. Frisby is still good from the booth. Lots of traffic this past wknd. Yamafest :beer: no new snow since last wk. and warm temps, looks like spring now :(

Thunderstruck019.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the grooming staff for trying to keep the plastic on our skis and off the gravel as much as possible. PP - when are they shutting down grooming? Specifically, will they still be grooming on April 25/26? Probably my last trip out to Revy for the season... :( unless we get energetic and try in May.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The SRS will be grooming through this holiday wknd. and then it will be played by ear. Depends on how many riders are still comming, how the lower trails hold up with this warm weather and rain that is supposed to come.
Caribou closure areas open on Frisby, Sale, Keystone and Caribou Basin on Thur. Apr. 16 so Frisby should be groomed for that wknd.

doostylz

Reaction score
Hey Powder what is the word being as you would know forsure what the avy conditions are really like. Have a group thinking of heading out next week for opening of caribou. If you could let me know I would apreciate it

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Keep checking the N. Columbia Avy Reports if your riding that area next wk.
Mon. I was up Turtle and W facing slopes were sliding in the aft. It has been really warm the last few days. I think everyone better be careful wherever they are riding.

Regional Forecast

doostylz

Reaction score
Thanks Kathy I have been keeping an eye on it and will continue to. Hopefully it settles alittle soon. If anything mabey some lower tree riding will be on the adgenda. Ride safe and save some of the powder for us if you can.

canamrotax

Reaction score
We are making a family trip Friday/ Saturday night, staying at Glacier House. We have newbies with us, and only a few of the group have ridden these areas before. The plan is to take a trail ride along Boulder trail Saturday, and let the more advanced riders play in bowls along the way, and at the end.
Comments? :Snowmobile1:
Would newbies do better in existing conditions going to frisbee ridge instead? We have packs and beacons for the guys, and renting beacons for the ladies, as they will be staying on the trail. :)
We also have extra space in the cabin we rented, if anyone wants to rent the extra room. 403-429-3906 (cell)

doostylz

Reaction score
Both areas are fine lots of space for all ranges of rider. My second ever ride was in revy and rode both hills that weekend. Ride 1 one day then if you want a change go to the other the next. If it is a clear day you cant go wrong either place. Oh and like Powder had said earlier just make sure to keep an eye on avy report. I just checked and it has been brought down to moderate to low but still it is possible anytime dont ever turn your back. Have an awsome trip and ride safe.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We are expecting the MoE to be patrolling the caribou closure areas on Wed. the 15 by air and handing out tkts. to anyone who doesn`t respect the last day of the closures. All areas are open to ride on Thur. Apr. 16.
The grooming program is finished for the season on Boulder. Problems with the machine. The company that operates the gravel pit at 2 km. will be plowing the rd. to the 3 km. junction to open up parking hopefully before the wknd.
Frisby will be groomed Thur.-Sun. and then will be done for the season also. Still riding from the parking lot there.

Thanks every one who made Revelstoke their snowmobile destination this season. Thanks also to our club members for their support and to the business`s that continued to support our grooming programs. We have a busy summer ahead of us. ;)

Last edited:

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Powder Puff for all your help this year....and making another good year of riding in Revy a success......Even when your hung over giving park lot directions......LOL

BD

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
It was brutal 2 wks. ago :bullrider: Took out my stabilizer bar, a front and my rear shock. Might have softened up since then. If anyone is heading up I have a new sign in book for the cabin that needs to get up there. Get ahold of me. Thanks.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are expecting the MoE to be patrolling the caribou closure areas on Wed. the 15 by air and handing out tkts. to anyone who doesn`t respect the last day of the closures. All areas are open to ride on Thur. Apr. 16.
The grooming program is finished for the season on Boulder. Problems with the machine. The company that operates the gravel pit at 2 km. will be plowing the rd. to the 3 km. junction to open up parking hopefully before the wknd.
Frisby will be groomed Thur.-Sun. and then will be done for the season also. Still riding from the parking lot there.

Thanks every one who made Revelstoke their snowmobile destination this season. Thanks also to our club members for their support and to the business`s that continued to support our grooming programs. We have a busy summer ahead of us. ;)

Hey Kath!

You let me know if you need help getting groomer parts back and forth to Prinoth. We're glad to help running things back and forth if it helps the club.

Cheers,

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH shucks why bother.....POWDER PUFF will just hit report to moderator button and have my post deleted again....LIKE LAST NIGHT

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Wasn`t me, guess I wasn`t the only one that thought it was inappropriate.
I was just thanking the people that I have worked with all season.

Top Bottom