Revelstoke BC Avalanche Victims-Mar 13/10

doo-skiboy

Reaction score
OK here we go:(
I lost 2 of my best friends and co-workers in this event. I knew both of the guys that passed away and was very much involved in both of there life's. They were both best friends and business partners.
Before I go much further I have talked to both of there wife's and given statement to all kinds of press. I want to let all my fellow friends and internet friends know that we (The 2 wife and myself) are not pointing any fingers and we all find it very hard to think of why people would try to press charges. I know and have read this thread a lost of times and would just like to stress that this is no ones fault at all and would like everyone to know how we felt.

:(

Shay was a very good and experienced sledder he really enjoyed sledding and loved to get away to the mountains, he worked very hard so he could play even harder. One thing he all way told me was "if he had to go he wanted to go from the top of the world". Shay was the one at the top of the hill so I feel he wish was answered.

This was a once a year trip for Kurtis and he really enjoyed coming to enjoy a sport that his partner was very passionate for. This was his second trip and he was really enjoying himself. He work very hard and love to play. with his family and friends

:(

Both men will be very much missed and remembered

I really appreciate all the positive comments and I have also past them on to the family's
THANKS SNOW AND MUD

Mike Harker
Last edited by doo-skiboy; 03-15-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: na

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Please pass on all of our condolences to the family, friends, and co-workers of Shay and Kurtis

RIP Brothers

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincere condolances and prayers to all involved in this terrible tragedy.

hats off to all the men woman and some children who put there differences and emotion aside and helped the people in need the most. it shows how much we as a group of people can come together in such a time. it really shows the passion us sledders go throught and will do to outselves to make sure everyone is save and sound!

thanks to everyone from my self Drew Weese, and the staff at bowcycle south

amcf18

Reaction score
Best wishes for all the injured riders, get well soon people!!! I would like to thank the rescuers, what an ordeal, with multi burials and machines all over the place...thank goodness you guys were there, and well equipped.. To the families of the fallen riders, I can only offer my sympathies, and although I didn't know Shay or Curtis, I promise not to forget them..

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Thoughts and prayers to the families of the two men who lost their lives. Thoughts and prayers to all involved and at the hill on Saturday, it is a day which has changed many lives

Kurt

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincerest condolences to the family and friends of the lost and a quick recovery to all those that have been affected.

Alfred

Reaction score
My condolences to the family members who lost their loved ones. Peace be with you.
Thank you to the fellow riders who were their that did a great job on very trying conditions.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my condolences to everyone involved very very tragic thing to happen I had my jacket embroidered for the boys in sparwood but i think it also is fitting here as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 76

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
MY condolences to the families and friends of both men.
Thanks to all the riders at the scene who were prepared. Your heroes.
Thanks also to the rescue teams that attended the scene and worked on the ground. The way Revelstoke and surrounding areas responded was amazing.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This is a place for everyone to pay their respects to those who passed away in the tragic Revelstoke BC Avalanche this past Saturday (Mar 13, 2010) and it is also a place to wish a speedy recovery to those who are injured or hospitalized.

This is not a place to put you personal thoughts on the conditions/event/sledders etc. Comments of that sort will be deleted, if done twice you will be banned from the site. We are opening up another thread for general comments.

Thanks from the Moderators of snowandmud.com

Oregongirl

Reaction score
I want to send prayers of healing and peace to the victim's families. To the survivors - may your injuries, physical and emotional, heal quickly.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family and myself offer our deepest condolances to those lost in this tragic event. We wish a full and speedy recovery to all the injured both physically and emotionally

Condolences to the families of the fallen 2 sledders and prayers for a speedy recovery to the injured. A big thanks to all the heros who worked so hard to rescue the others in such a kaotic situation, you obviosly all were there for a reason, to help each other in a time of need, great work heros.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've clicked on this thread a dozen times, wanting to express my deepest condolences and sadness for the fallen, the families, and the injured. But I just can't find the right words. No words erase the pain and the hurt that only time can and will lessen, but never truly heal. It takes my breath away to think of the emotions of dealing with a tragedy that is so unexpected and misunderstood. I can't even begin to understand what those in the middle of the maelstrom are going through. And so, even though it seems so inadequate at a time like this, I offer my deepest sympathies and most fervent prayers for all who are hurting. May the hands of time and the sword of grief have mercy on you...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My most heartfelt condolensces from me and my family to the family, friends and co-workers of our 2 fallen bothers.........
Rest in peace, and continue hi-marking in the heavens.............

rmkcrew

Reaction score
I,m at a total loss for words. I wish I could ease your pain. please find solace in that we pass out sincere condolences to you in your time of grief.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heart felt condolences to the families and friends of these two men. I did not know them but I'm mourning there loss. I hope the families and friends can find peace and healing in the near future.

Top Bottom