Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Frisbie yesterday and it was amazing condition for this time of year. The RSC ran the groomer up in the after noon to put the trail in. Yes there still lots of hazards out there but that's normal for this time of year. If you avoid lumps and bumps and stay off the top or open areas where the wind blows the snow off you will be ok.
It was snowing on and off all day and was too busy having fun to take pictures but trust me it's worth the trip. The new 850 got a workout and so did I.
Thought you were a slow bike guy jack, didn't think you sledded anymore

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Oh no, I have both and ride which ever is best based on snow conditions. When there is fresh deep snow I'd rather be on my sled.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our big group is heading up to ride Thursday to Sunday. Annual turkey day ride. Hope the rain stays low, All in all we never have had a bad trip, and that's 15 years in the making.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are watching the weather closely -- can people post here wed night or thursday night if the rain goes to the top on Boulder or Frisby -- will save a trip if it's rained to the top --

thx

T

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revelstoke Mountain Resort has freezing levels at different elevations on their website, look on there... And don't forget the winter rubbers.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have friends riding today in Revy -- When I get a report from them -- I will post here for all -- fingers crossed

RFish

Reaction score
All the snow melted off the table on normy. . . 6400 feet. . . Also rain all over the lens of the other cam at 6400 feet. . . Ski hill is usually a good indicator

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just off the phone with 2 riders on Frisby today -- rain to the top -- solid rain in the closures

"rain crust at the top and pouring rain at 5800"

But -- it is supposed to snow after this -- so some good news -- I guess

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The RSC will be tentatively grooming through this wknd. and it depends on the weather conditions we are experiencing. Grooming is scheduled Thur.-Sat. evenings and staff will be collecting a $10 trail pass fee or asking to see your membership on Boulder and Frisby Fri.-Sun.

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Rode boulder..... went all the way back to the medows beyond sugar bowl, and dropped into the airport. rained all the way, soft at cabin but starting to freeze and crust over at higher elevations. Probed just shy of 4 feet by super bowl. Tried Driving to the final staging area on kirkup (cant remember what km it is 10?) but came up half k short. Melting quick though. Hope this helps guys for the weekend.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode boulder..... went all the way back to the medows beyond sugar bowl, and dropped into the airport. rained all the way, soft at cabin but starting to freeze and crust over at higher elevations. Probed just shy of 4 feet by super bowl. Tried Driving to the final staging area on kirkup (cant remember what km it is 10?) but came up half k short. Melting quick though. Hope this helps guys for the weekend.

is it doable to leave from 4km on the kirkup?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 days ago it was 2km of dirt at 4km. It has rained and been warm since....

Top Bottom