Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like its close to go time at boulder now. Need we remind people to please not bring a 4 place until parking in the main lot is up and running? Year after year this is said but they still think they can bring it just cause they can make it up. Way to congested for them... DECKS and TWO PLACES ONLY!!

not everyone has a deck or a 2 place and im sure not going to let that hold me back if i could go. That said we park where there is room or ride the gravel. Nobody wants to be "that guy".

Cheers

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not everyone has a deck or a 2 place and im sure not going to let that hold me back if i could go. That said we park where there is room or ride the gravel. Nobody wants to be "that guy".

Cheers
Technically, I am pretty sure that they can ensure you are not "that guy" and stop all 4-places heading up the hill. The issue I see, is everyone thinks they have a "special" spot to park until they get up there and find nowhere to go. You may be willing to drive gravel, but a lot of guys go wayyyy to far up and then have to back up to the "gravel spot". It creates a tonne of grief for everyone behind you that actually followed the recommendations.

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford a 4 sled trailer and the truck to pull it you can afford a deck and fuel for your broke buddies truck who now has to drive out from Alberta.... Not sure how you can be respectful dragging a giant trailer up a nearly 1 lane pure ice logging road guessing you will have a spot to park... Seen so many guys spun out on way up not chained up with mediocre all season or all terrain / mud tires blocking the road wrecking everyone else's day with a sled in the back of their truck with winter tires. Not sure what is so confusing to people about the rules being the rules.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Technically, I am pretty sure that they can ensure you are not "that guy" and stop all 4-places heading up the hill. The issue I see, is everyone thinks they have a "special" spot to park until they get up there and find nowhere to go. You may be willing to drive gravel, but a lot of guys go wayyyy to far up and then have to back up to the "gravel spot". It creates a tonne of grief for everyone behind you that actually followed the recommendations.
And then show up with no chains and crap tires and figure they can make it just a bit farther up around the corner. 4 place trailers are made for parking lots.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we already know where this is going. When you get ready to load the 4 place, be sure to put a good set of tire chains in there for the truck that is towing it. Also make sure you a have road radio, with all the BC frequencies. As for the sled decks and 2 place trailers, be sure not park in the only spot to turn a truck and trailer around. We all know there a ton of areas that will have good snow long before there is snow in the parking lot. The 4 place trailers are coming no matter what anyone says, let just try to make sure everyone is prepared. Lets not forget we are going up " logging" roads. Pretty sure the roads are big enough for a truck and 4 place trailers.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we already know where this is going. When you get ready to load the 4 place, be sure to put a good set of tire chains in there for the truck that is towing it. Also make sure you a have road radio, with all the BC frequencies. As for the sled decks and 2 place trailers, be sure not park in the only spot to turn a truck and trailer around. We all know there a ton of areas that will have good snow long before there is snow in the parking lot. The 4 place trailers are coming no matter what anyone says, let just try to make sure everyone is prepared. Lets not forget we are going up " logging" roads. Pretty sure the roads are big enough for a truck and 4 place trailers.

All this time I thought they were "sledding roads"...lol only a matter of time before Tex posts the photo of the guy at owls who blocked the whole road for everyone couple years back

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You're right they are logging roads but last time I checked the logging trucks don't just drive up 5 km to turn around in a small spot that has been made for decks and two place trailers to park... Not for 4 places to turn around. If you can afford a 4 place you can afford to buy a used sled deck for 1000$ and shuttle sleds up to the snow if your desperate. I have seen this in the last few years and have mad respect for them who leave the 4 place at the bottom. I dont get why this has to happen every year. Whether you have chains or good tires or not, pulling a 4 place up makes no sense as if others beat you up and you have to spend 15 min turning around you block the way and cause havoc to guys behind.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this time I thought they were "sledding roads"...lol only a matter of time before Tex posts the photo of the guy at owls who blocked the whole road for everyone couple years back
Last year it was Eagles. A 4-place with no tire chains jackknifed 2km from the bottom, a 4-place behind with nowhere to go and then two of us with decks that can't get by. We had to back the 2km back down the hill to the parking lot go drive to Owls to sled.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're spun out 2km from the bottom, that more than likely means there was snow at or not far from the parking lot. That's where I shake my head at the guys trying to pull up a 4 place to save a few KM's of gravel or dirt. Plus those are the steep and unforgiving roads unlike other places where it's easier to go 4km with a 4 place and have a known place to spin around.

We rode Eagles 2 years ago mid march and we were parking at 9km with decks that's also where the groomer was. Someone with State plates dragged a 6 PLACE triple axel low-slung trailer up to 7.5kms... I have no idea how as we had a deck and 2 place and some of the mud bogs and steep grades we had to take with speed were challenging...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have that pic anymore, but it was a good one, and jammed everyone below for the rest of the day

Don't be that group

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have that pic anymore, but it was a good one, and jammed everyone below for the rest of the day

Don't be that group

Pretty sure that was the guy that "borrowed" my chains from back of my truck while i was riding lol. At least he was kind enough to leave me $50 and put the chains back.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the guy that "borrowed" my chains from back of my truck while i was riding lol. At least he was kind enough to leave me $50 and put the chains back.
Not sure on the chains thing, but he was towed down by a cat if I recall, which fawked the road up for a while

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very few will post conditions anymore, they think they need a whole mountain to themselves to sit and drink beer.

There's 2 ways us Albertans are going to find out if there's snow: We will see it on S&M and drive to it, or we will be optimistic that there's more snow than there really is and head West anyways (Insert 4-place trailer early season joke here).

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don’t you look for yourselves - RMR webcam and the Yamacam on rev snowmobile club website . Pretty easy to make a decision. Alternatively Drive BC webcams show pretty clear pics of what’s happening

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Why don’t you look for yourselves - RMR webcam and the Yamacam on rev snowmobile club website . Pretty easy to make a decision. Alternatively Drive BC webcams show pretty clear pics of what’s happening

The site gets derailed with other crap other than the the intended updates so it is basically not worth the bother.

Early season riding, the guys have been back to the bowls.
As normal some broken a-arms for the throttle happy folks. lol!
Still early season riding but the wether looks good next week for a good dump.

cabin.jpg

5 November 2017.jpg

Top Bottom