Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1de205d111cdb502d19c2ce89ab27f32.jpg

Thursday Friday last week were unreal snow and sunshine!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday morning lost a set of brand new tobe black gloves, still had new tags and zip tied together, left my dam bag open... at bolder.. anyone find them I have a 30 pack for you..

deep as hell out there, not really newbie riding, or small track machine on backside of boulder, vis is not the best, crazy how much had dumped in last 10 days, over all snow is over 26’.. few slab slides yesterday, stay off slopes

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I’d go and high mark a bunch of wide open hills with no trees and then make an Instagram post warning people about the dangers of avalanches.
It's okay tho, you new what you were doing

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking like it was going to go full Blue today, got about an hour of good sun.
Clouds rolled in and it was back to the tree's.

Fun while it lasted.

uuu.jpg

Attachments

• small file.jpg
    small file.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not overly familiar with riding areas around Revy besides riding Boulder a few times. experienced rider but am riding with a few newbies this weekend and was hoping to get some info on where people would recommend riding to avoid getting in a bind and keep hazards at a minimum. Thanks in advance.

schooled_dweeb

Reaction score
"I'm not overly familiar with riding areas around Revy besides riding Boulder a few times. experienced rider but am riding with a few newbies this weekend and was hoping to get some info on where people would recommend riding to avoid getting in a bind and keep hazards at a minimum. Thanks in advance."

I would suggest Frisby and Boulder...both have cabins and groomed trails
For more info from other people, I would probably start a new thread.

Back to weather/snow conditions for Revelstoke area
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Revelstoke/6day/mid

look like sunshine for the weekend after this storm blows thru
still have to check avy conditons ...probably still going to be very high

revy next3.jpg

Last edited:

schooled_dweeb

Reaction score
30 to 50 cm by thursday :)
Can never have enough

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc22#105352268487618154201802060502ww1373cwvr

3:51 AM PST Wednesday 07 February 2018
Winter storm warning in effect for:

• Trans-Canada Highway - Eagle Pass to Rogers Pass
A snowstorm continues.

A Pacific frontal system will continue to give heavy snow to the central interior and the Columbia regions today and tonight. Total snowfall amounts of 30 to 50 cm are expected by Thursday. The snow will ease by Thursday night as the system moves southward and weakens.

Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Road closures are possible. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.

Top Bottom