rev air kit

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First how do your plugs look.Probably need to go up one size in main jets,or lift or drop your needle 1 or 2 notchs.If plugs are black go up on the needle,if white go down.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
install larger pilots, 17.5 stock go to 20
turn fuel screw out 1/2 turn
raise needle, lower clip 1/2 notch(move washer)

your lean on the bottom end and have a lean bog.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
install larger pilots, 17.5 stock go to 20
turn fuel screw out 1/2 turn
raise needle, lower clip 1/2 notch(move washer)

your lean on the bottom end and have a lean bog.

I increased my main jet on mine from 440 to 450. It helped. I will also try what terra alps said. I was running lean in the midrange as well. Also, make sure the DPM Sensor from the stock air box is not getting clogged with snow. I covered mine up with a K&N style PCV filter(the small ones used for vehicles) and it works ok.

russbrownlori

Reaction score
Thanks I did what you said with the pilots and took it for a burn tonight it worked well. The boys and I are going to Hasler tomorrow and we will see how it works.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear did you put the vac hose off the air box I wasn't sure and put it down with my filters?

I have an insulator friend who bent a peice of tin for me. It is about 10 x 10 inches and bent in the middle. I cut two holes in one face of the tin so that the pods could hold it in place between the carbs. The other half of the tin covers the top of the pods to keep snow out and prevent air vortex's (I found that it was messing up my dpm). Then i drilled a small hole in the top and placed the dpm sensor through it so that the sensor was directly between the pods. It works great and keeps most of the powder out. don't forget to put a filter over the dpm sensor so it doesn't get clogged or frozen.

Top Bottom