Renshaw Trail!!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up here in McBride for 6 days doing some painting and hot tub repairs at Hotrods. Plus riding a couple of the FSR trails, we decided to head up the Renshaw to see what it's like in the summer and it sure looks different with all the growth,very beautiful. Just before you reach the alpine there is a sign saying
"Fragile Alpine Environment", "Please do not use motorized vehicles, ATVs or motor bikes beyond this point during snow free periods." So to the Quadders who decided to push your way up into the Alpine..."GIVE YOUR FU$&!N HEADS A SHAKE!!!! this is not an area we want to see shut down because of your stupidity. People are just not getting it, i walked up the trail a bit past the closure sign and they had ripped up the trail right up into the bush plus looked liked they'd chained up a couple of downed logs to gain some access.
This again adds fuel to the fire for closures. There is a bit of a an idea who these guys are and if it is them they're sledders also!!!!! So whats that tell you.... just plain braindead! Nuff Said! Higgins.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if there is an idea as to who they are maybe you should post up their names and let the public get on their case. Just a thought

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of any locals goin up there. I asked a few people about gettin up there and i was told that you were able to make it to the end of the last block and then the last section thru the tree's to the cabin had to much debris and creeks to get thru with a quad.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks that some people feel that they have do stuff like that. I hope that they didn't make it into the alpine as is takes a very long time for that damage to be reversed in alpine.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they did their best to get up there!! And they aren't locals.

well if they aren't locals they may be members of this site and hopefully they read this thread and wise up. Like you said earlier DON"T FUEL THE CLOSURE FIRE

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was not locals and the dates are pinned down because the hiking club was through there on Friday and then returned on Monday night. Damage was done Sat. or Sun. I have some very disturbing pictures of the alpine that these Friggen idiots damaged and the chit pile that I have on my desk when I got back from 2 weeks off from this incident is huge.
For you morons---there is an on going study being done by the UBC on that alpine because there is materal up there that can not be found anywhere else, and if you knew how high up govt. this incident has gone already you might have thought twice about your selfish actions.
You will be caught because I know one of you(almost positive and you where the only group in town talking about the Renshaw that weekend) and as soon as the pic's of your group in the alpine are processed I am hoping that you will be the first to be charged with damage to the alpine(100,000 grand). I am hoping that the plates will be clear enough to make out. You know who you are and if by some miricale you don't get charged you should most likely find a new place to sled this year as you will not be welcomed here anymore just due to the chit pile that you have caused not only myself but many others in this community.
Because of this sensitive area being damaged by you asshats it gives alot of groups some big fuel to come after all the user groups and it has already started.

Last edited by a moderator:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
im actually surprise you can get to the alpine with the way it looks in early nov. sucks others have ruin what we little have to play with already!!!!

what KM can you make it up to legally just curious?

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
im actually surprise you can get to the alpine with the way it looks in early nov. sucks others have ruin what we little have to play with already!!!!

what KM can you make it up to legally just curious?

Higgins is correct.

Other than the signage, there are deactivation ditches to go through and fallen trees have been placed across the trail to discourage motorized vehicles.

These morons knew exactly what they were doing and obviously figure that they are not subject to the same rules as the rest of us. The Ministry of Forests can pull our Management Agreement over an incident like this. We all better pray that they don't. This is a very serious matter and should not be taken lightly - these idiots may have ruined it for everyone, including all the sledders that come here.

I really do hope that the spotter plane got good clear pictures of them. We already know who the guys are. They are Albertans and they are regular sledders to McBride. I'm hoping that bbtoys can post some of the pictures of the mess these guys made. It's sickening. When we see them again, we will all make sure that they are thanked for all the trouble they have caused.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higgins is correct.

Other than the signage, there are deactivation ditches to go through and fallen trees have been placed across the trail to discourage motorized vehicles.

These morons knew exactly what they were doing and obviously figure that they are not subject to the same rules as the rest of us. The Ministry of Forests can pull our Management Agreement over an incident like this. We all better pray that they don't. This is a very serious matter and should not be taken lightly - these idiots may have ruined it for everyone, including all the sledders that come here.

I really do hope that the spotter plane got good clear pictures of them. We already know who the guys are. They are Albertans and they are regular sledders to McBride. I'm hoping that bbtoys can post some of the pictures of the mess these guys made. It's sickening. When we see them again, we will all make sure that they are thanked for all the trouble they have caused.

Rant over.

Yeah, and if you can, please let the rest of us know who they are as well or include pics of sleds, etc. I will happily tell them to go somewhere else if I see them in our riding areas. Nobody wants peeps like that around ruining it for the rest of us. What part of the sign did they not understand?

I hope the fact that they were Albertans will not bias your opinion of the neighbours to the east.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this may be a stupid question, but why? What could be beyond the closure signs worth fighting your way through, that cannot be found in an area that can legally be ridden in? I think some of these people just don't believe that these areas can actually be closed; or they have the attitude that nobody will keep them out either way. If they would have been spotted in Willmore Wilderness Park around here; there would have been Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, RCMP, etc, waiting for them at their vehicles when they came down. Could the spotter plane not have called in for assistance? Hopefully they are caught and charged.:rant:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Thanks, Modman.

I only mentioned that they were Albertans to let them know that we are aware of who they are.

Most of our winter visitors are from Alberta and we are happy to have them here. Our B & B guests can attest to that. There is very rarely any trouble with out-of-town sledders, but as you know it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for the rest. Their actions may result in huge repercussions for everyone else.

Yeah, and if you can, please let the rest of us know who they are as well or include pics of sleds, etc. I will happily tell them to go somewhere else if I see them in our riding areas. Nobody wants peeps like that around ruining it for the rest of us. What part of the sign did they not understand?

I hope the fact that they were Albertans will not bias your opinion of the neighbours to the east.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this may be a stupid question, but why? What could be beyond the closure signs worth fighting your way through, that cannot be found in an area that can legally be ridden in? I think some of these people just don't believe that these areas can actually be closed; or they have the attitude that nobody will keep them out either way. If they would have been spotted in Willmore Wilderness Park around here; there would have been Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, RCMP, etc, waiting for them at their vehicles when they came down. Could the spotter plane not have called in for assistance? Hopefully they are caught and charged.:rant:

You have no idea how much this happens and how hard groups like the McBride Club, ours and others work to mitigate the conflicts. I always like to preach the idea of self policing as WE NEED HELP, because sometimes no matter what we do (signs, gates, trees) it doesnt seem to matter to some people. I too hate hanging closure signs, but for everyone I hang up I keep in mind that it is to support the future of the open areas.

Good luck guys and I hope you can clean up this mess and put it behind you !
c

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from dealing with land owner issues here in Bonnyville. We are going out tomorrow to put up Texas gates to help the lease owner with people cut his fences stealing his gate and just down right being a pain in the f!@#$%^ A$$. what is it about these people that don't have any F!@#$%^ morals and this the world is their oyster. Grow the F!@# up and start behaving like real human beings. The 1% of you dip S!@#$ that spoil it for the rest of us good people better F!@#$%^ hope that we never cross paths. I personally think that we should beat these morons on site if we find them violating our privileges.

sorry 'bout the rant but I am quite passionate about these issues

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moron's they are and once charged they should loose their trail pass rights on all mountain trails. If convicted lifetime trail pass ban.

Trail pass's are a privilege not a right! First stage of self policing Depsnolvr.

If we loose the Renshaw because of this stupidity then as the good book says: An eye for an eye!

I too have no patience for these low-life moron's.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am hoping as well, that the pics do turn out. Between ALL of the members here, and any associated site. I sure that they will be banned where ever they go.

I know that I Will post the pic, or pics wherever I can.

Top Bottom