Renshaw Cabin Extension

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they are above eye level or you may find a few stoned drunk bastages hanging out to dry in the morning. But wait ...............nobody drinks or smokes up in the cabin.
Great idea but some backwards j hooks would be way safer for some of the cabin dwellers I have seen.

The cabin looks excellent, will be up on Saturday with the family.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow... Those are some mighty sharp/pointy hooks to have in a public place, in this day of age.... I would almost suggest rounding the point off a bit? Jus' sayin' ....... They sure do look good though :)

They look sharper then they are. Same as the hooks in the Clemina cabin. If guys find hooks dangerous in the cabin they probably shouldn't be riding a sled lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking, if someone trips or slips and catches one of those hooks? Ouch, could be bad for the clubs??

I here you but no more dangerous then nails hammered into the walls that lots of cabins got. And no more dangerous the a metal hook you buy at Home Depot, if you fell and caught those in the wrong spot you would be hurt. That's just the way I was thinking when I got them made. If they want them cut down I have no issues rounding them up more for them!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They look sharper then they are. Same as the hooks in the Clemina cabin. If guys find hooks dangerous in the cabin they probably shouldn't be riding a sled lol.

They do look sharper in the picture, did't realize that until now.

And I agree with maxwell,

Also I bought rubber caps for them today from castor town for the concerned party's.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats this world coming to somebody goes out of there way to build some nice drying racks and every buddy picks them apart this is bull****.nice job neilsledder

Don't think it was meant to be picking apart as more of a constructive observation .
Good job on all the efforts lady's and gents.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned if you hurt yourself on that you should be wearing your helmet at all times anyways

I agree, not sure how high they will be mounted, but yah have to think of the person who does not.

Btw Neil the racks look sick thank you for them.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are going to be great. thanks so much for this.

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Cabin looks great guys. Mcbride is my destination of choice to go sledding, this only further demonstrates that. I wish i had some time off so i could have helped, but glad to see the sledding community was able to help you guys get the job done. Its pretty amazing how much work you guys were able to do, especially in the middle of winter!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just about done. a couple of inside trim left and then a couple small items outside and done. waiting for drying racks above heaters and done. check out the heavy duty hooks.

Attachments

• cabin 001.JPG
    cabin 001.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 501
  • cabin 002.JPG
    cabin 002.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 497
  • cabin 003.JPG
    cabin 003.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 497
  • cabin 004.JPG
    cabin 004.JPG