Renegade Frame Issues

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I noticed a crack in my frame below the seat. If unnoticed this could leave you with alot of problems. My Renegade is an early production 07 model. I admit I do ride it hard, but was surprised to find this. I cut the front out so I can get in and firstly prep for the repair then I will mig weld some steel supports to make sure this is repaired properly. Now once welded I will be inspecting the complete frame to make sure there is no more issues. I will post my repairs as I do them as well. Im glad I noticed this now, the bottom crack is 3/4 of the way across the bottom of the frame. :eek: You cannot really see this in these photo's but I will get some more tomorrow with the SLR Camera.
Im using a Lincoln 220 Volt Mig wire feed welder with Argon gas.

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 62
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 59
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 62
  • frame4.jpg
    frame4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 54
  • frame5.jpg
    frame5.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 61

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed a crack in my frame below the seat. If unnoticed this could leave you with alot of problems. My Renegade is an early production 07 model. I admit I do ride it hard, but was surprised to find this. I cut the front out so I can get in and firstly prep for the repair then I will mig weld some steel supports to make sure this is repaired properly. Now once welded I will be inspecting the complete frame to make sure there is no more issues. I will post my repairs as I do them as well. Im glad I noticed this now, the bottom crack is 3/4 of the way across the bottom of the frame. :eek: You cannot really see this in these photo's but I will get some more tomorrow with the SLR Camera.
Im using a Lincoln 220 Volt Mig wire feed welder with Argon gas.
I have magparticle tested a few of my quads frams in the past....and have found cracks in allot of places that you would say will never break......i did a buddys outlander and found similar cracks....if ya ride em hard enough they will break......I like to find the cracks early so as to keep repairs on the quick and easy.... Cheers!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that YOU cracked the frame on your quad......:hmm::hmm:

Must be a manufactures defect........:confused::confused:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
For sale 1 slightly used 07 renegade 800 never has never been stuck, drown, broken, towed home, ramed into trees or abused in the filming of movies

Big tires and snorkles for looks never been used

MINT CONDITION ......call Ron for pricing :d

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Your not supposto tell anyone murm. Someday I want to sell it...

Checked with Service at Martin Motorsports South, they havn'nt seen any crack where mine did yet. I will forward this to BRP tech department.
I'm out on the warranty anyway. I'm thinking after 3 years of it there glad I'm off the list.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Your not supposto tell anyone murm. Someday I want to sell it...

Checked with Service at Martin Motorsports South, they havn'nt seen any crack where mine did yet. I will forward this to BRP tech department.
I'm out on the warranty anyway. I'm thinking after 3 years of it there glad I'm off the list.

Trade it, auction it or sell it anonymously through Kijiji

Just sayin.....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ron........ I don't understand it...... You pamper and baby that quad, just like you do you sled, and you usually ride side saddle anyway, you told me. It should last at least 10 years without any problems for you....... Must be a manufacturers defect in workmanship or materials...........hmmmmmmmm ;)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He has had practise fixing it right...........lots of practise LOL!
Should be an easy sale!
LOL!
catmando!

Attachments

• P5090006.jpg
    P5090006.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom