Rediculous THEFT today in Kamloops

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The PRE-theft story:

So I worked my NUTS off (not really, they're still there) all winter to save up to get a new bike. Man did I suffer because i cant shake this silly addiction of mine to dirt bikes.

A week ago i bought me a BEAUTIFUL 2008 KTM 300xc. Thing is, lots of snow still in revelstoke where i live. so to take my new sexy machine out for her first rip, i called up a friend in kamloops. SWEET! place to stay!

I get in last night, park my truck right in front of the house. fall asleep with a big smile on my face. SWEET DIRTY RIPPAGE IN THE MORNING!!!

The Theft:

I wake up this morning, look out the window and a massive smile spreads across my face. My sweet baby looks incredible in the back of my nasty ass broken down excuse for a truck.

Im a bit chilly so im figuring ill throw on my hoody i left on the front seat. As i get to the passenger side of my truck i notice my hoodies not on the seat. I thinking "WTF? i didnt wear it inside.....' then it REALLY his me.

Why is there glass all over the driver seat? oh no...... :realmad:WHERE THE FAWK IS MY GEAR BAG?????:realmad:

seems there was a little crack monkey on the prowl last night in kamloops who REALLY wanted some smelly old gear.

worst of it is, first thing that went through my mind when i realized it was gone was "Frick! now i cant ride today"

spent all my money on my bike. now i have to wait even LONGER to get in that first ride cause i have to save up again to buy new gear.

BirdieO

Reaction score
That is brutal...I hope you went out and insured that pretty new bike of yours (if it wasn't already) cuz you've got a serious horse shoe if all that was stolen was the gear and not the damn bike:D:D

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts in the loops did it happen? Like Ray said. At least they didn't take your bike. Still a sh!tty deal.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a victim of theft also, the sting lasts a long time, sorry for your loss. I am sure there are lots of members out there that have felt that pain.

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drive a 91 gm pickup. easiest vehicle in the world to steal. they should have jacked everything! thats why its so rediculous.

I found a dude in kamloops here selling misc new gear for cheap. i paid $500 for what i priced out to be $1030 worth of gear. i got lucky, and tomorrow i get to ride

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya never know what a dirtbag will steal.

hopefully it was shheeety gaunch hehe.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Kamloops.

A few months ago a crackhead broke the window of the car I was borrowing and stole a 12 year old backpack full of dirty clothes. Window and install $300, and the clothes were mostly all brand new work clothes replacement on them was about $500. I'm most pissed about one nice golf shirt that I had been given when I resigned from my last job. That and the fact I was out $800 and I guarantee the crackhead just threw all of it out after he saw it was worthless to him. So happy I don't live there anymore.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. Cause Kamloops is the only place in Canada where crimes are committed.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. Cause Kamloops is the only place in Canada where crimes are committed.
A bit defensive? I guess part of it is I'm not used to living in town which I did there, my gf still does. The other is that it is so spread out it's like each area of town has it's own rough area ie. Lower Sahali, the North Shore, parts of Westsyde etc.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit defensive? I guess part of it is I'm not used to living in town which I did there, my gf still does. The other is that it is so spread out it's like each area of town has it's own rough area ie. Lower Sahali, the North Shore, parts of Westsyde etc.

Not defensive at all. Just saying that crime happens everywhere.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drive a 91 gm pickup. easiest vehicle in the world to steal. they should have jacked everything! thats why its so rediculous.

I found a dude in kamloops here selling misc new gear for cheap. i paid $500 for what i priced out to be $1030 worth of gear. i got lucky, and tomorrow i get to ride

The dude that used to own that gear is probably looking for the crackhead who stole it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a vicious circle we do weave.
icon10.gif

Top Bottom