Recreational Powersports - Edmonton A++++

hymanykd

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this the place but just wanted to share to my totally great experiance with Steven and the guys at Recreational Powersports in Edmonton. Back in July I purchased a rebuilt 1999 Mercury Optimax and had it installed on my 17' Glastron, going in I figured sure, probably take them a couple of weeks to get me in and get on my boat... to my surprise I dropped the boat off on Monday morning and had it back for Friday. I was impressed! Had the boat out for a couple of weeks and ran into a starting and idling issue... when I bought the engine, they stated it came with a 1 year warrenty from date of purchase. Taking it back I thought, Oh No what fight am I going to have being a small shop and a non OEM. Took it no questions asked, "We will look after our customers, pull around the back and we will help you unhook" is all they said with a smile! Wow first time at a dealer I've ever hear that! True to their word, was repaired and returned no costs or excuses that it was my fault.

We all work hard for our money so I just want people to know that there are still places out there that respect this and stand behind their work. I would not hestitate to take my quads, seadoo's boats or sleds and let them service them or buy from them again.

www.recreationalpowersports.com

Thanks again!

Dean Hymanyk :d

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i will second this and i'm sure bogger will 3rd it

only place i take my boat, they have done nothing but work with me to find issues and are always wanting to do good by you, i took my 18' invader in to have them do the head gasket, they called and said they would rather try to do the riser gasket as it is a much cheaper park and much less labor to put it in. instead of an easy 1500 they could have milked me for they did the riser gasket, cost me 250ish i think and i havent had an issue since. and i have called in with other issues that they have just told me what to do to fix it instead of them having to charge me for it

awesome service and i have yet to find another marine shop in edm anywhere near as honest

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You WILL NOT find a better marine shop in Alberta....

My intermediate transom seal went this summer...so... pull the leg, pull the motor, remove the old seal, clean up the transom, re-seal, re-install motor and leg.... over 23 hours labor and not a job steve wanted to do (their labor rate is the same for changing oil & doing starters and this was a c$nt of a job...

Said and done 6 days and $2700... dry as a bone now.

When I needed a new altenator they sent me to smith electric to get one for 1/2 the price of OEM. They have always provided troubleshooting advise and possible solutions before racking up a labor tab...

Winterization for my boat anywhere else is about $500, Recreational runs me $229 for winterization, oil change and leg oil change....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I was talking with the guys on Monday and apparently they have worked out a supplier deal for sled parts, they will be able to service & supply parts for all brands...

Just one more option where excellent service will be guarenteed.....

clutchy1

Reaction score
Just found this post and wow! Thank you guys so much! I'm a tech in the back at rec power, I actually did the transom seal and the winterize on your boat bogger! Super happy to see everyone's super stoked, we do our best to please! Thanks again!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
When ya see my 89' invader "woosah" come in shortly give her so special care... Lol....

You guys are bar none best marine shop around.... And I've been to almost all of them

Top Bottom