Recession just around the corner?

eagle eye

Reaction score
Oil is creeping up and investors are buying energy stock
Oil edges up as multi-year lows trigger buying

The markets dead people are saving their money to pay bills not buy stocks. It will be worse next year. We needed a correction or we'd have hyper inflation. Oil will recover in the long term I'll say it will start showing some spark in 2017, prices can't stay down forever it's supply and demand but it won't go stupid to Like $100 barrel for a while again. I predicted last year j believe in this thread and I'm sticking to it I think it will hit $33 a barrel before things come back as that's what the charts are showing and it's the only factual thing we have to go off of other then speculation.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The markets dead people are saving their money to pay bills not buy stocks. It will be worse next year. We needed a correction or we'd have hyper inflation. Oil will recover in the long term I'll say it will start showing some spark in 2017, prices can't stay down forever it's supply and demand but it won't go stupid to Like $100 barrel for a while again. I predicted last year j believe in this thread and I'm sticking to it I think it will hit $33 a barrel before things come back as that's what the charts are showing and it's the only factual thing we have to go off of other then speculation.
Well I'm buying stock, actually just bought some today. Buy low sell high. Not everybody has debt. But yes, oil will stay low for a while but you said it, it will come back.

eagle eye

Reaction score
I'm still buying stocks too but most people aren't in good shape right now.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm buying stock, actually just bought some today. Buy low sell high. Not everybody has debt. But yes, oil will stay low for a while but you said it, it will come back.

X2! An opportunity like his only comes a few times in a lifetime, a lot of money is made after these low times.

Smart investors get in when the common man is scared and getting or staying out.

Reaction score
X2! An opportunity like his only comes a few times in a lifetime, a lot of money is made after these low times.

Smart investors get in when the common man is scared and getting or staying out.

I bought Suncor stock during the last "crash"..... over the course of the next 1.5-2 years, I sold/withdrew exactly how much I had invested, bought a cheap aluminum boat and a jeep, and still had exactly the same amount invested in stocks (almost exactly doubled my money). My only regret was not having more to invest when I did.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought Suncor stock during the last "crash"..... over the course of the next 1.5-2 years, I sold/withdrew exactly how much I had invested, bought a cheap aluminum boat and a jeep, and still had exactly the same amount invested in stocks (almost exactly doubled my money). My only regret was not having more to invest when I did.

Good deal.

I was told yesterday we are buying oil stocks.

Buy low and wait for the increase.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Well looks like a quarter point interest rate increase not affecting too much just yet but will likely strengthen the stock market up slightly.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never played stocks before, but may give it a whirl here. Are you guys buying Canadian companies?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never played stocks before, but may give it a whirl here. Are you guys buying Canadian companies?

I have been researching some Canadian Medical companies.

Honestly the medical marijuana.

Depending on our new government this might be a profitable investment.

I look at what makes money not the product.

Reaction score
I have been researching some Canadian Medical companies.

Honestly the medical marijuana.

Depending on our new government this might be a profitable investment.

I look at what makes money not the product.

I bought stock in a lithium mine (forget the company name at the moment) ... hoping for the electric car revolution... so far it's a loss. (was only a few hundred in a penny stock)

Medical Marijuana seems like a sure bet, if you can find a legit company.

Reaction score

Most places (iTrade is one that comes to mind) have some form of simulator where you can use play money, and pretend to invest in real stocks just to get the hang of it. iTrade was taken over / bought out by Scotia Trade and it sucks horribly now. I *MUST* make a trade every quarter or they charge me $25. So, if the market sucks, or I just don't have the cash to be playing with.... too bad.. I have to buy or sell something anyway (at $20 a trade usually), to avoid the $25 fee... I think it should be illegal.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought stock in a lithium mine (forget the company name at the moment) ... hoping for the electric car revolution... so far it's a loss. (was only a few hundred in a penny stock)

That's why we are still researching.

Want to pick the proper company.

Hope to by February.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Or start selling. Lol

Honestly weed and wind are poised to go. Even if its stupid or inefficient. The govt is going to do it with or without us so if ya cant beat em, maybe not join em, but see how you can profit off them, and the circumstances the next 3.5 years will bring... ?

Reaction score
Or start selling. Lol

Honestly weed and wind are poised to go. Even if its stupid or inefficient. The govt is going to do it with or without us so if ya cant beat em, maybe not join em, but see how you can profit off them, and the circumstances the next 3.5 years will bring... ?

Why pay to sell at a loss? Never sell at a loss.... (I bought them 5 years ago already...) This was the company..... Canada Lithium Corp. - TSX:CLQ - CLQ.TO >> MiningFeeds.com

Don't buy them.... unless you are a multi-millionaire and can drive the stock price up for me :)

Top Bottom