Recession just around the corner?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u go off ur meds again Neville

80% of this paragraph u wrote is complete b.s, even past Larry's b.s

Do u really believe what u wrote

For the record again, I know more people living in Alberta that are left handed cigarettes smokers than here in b.c

I have also lived at both provinces, yes b.c is more laid back... It's because there's no oilfield b.s attitude here to push sh!t, make people work retarded unsafe hours, through holidays ect

But b.c has a younger population that has a work ethic that the oilfield has screwed up Alberta youth into mehhhh work was that.... Hence y there is jack sh!t for young people working at timmies ect and Phillipines working cause no young kids want to work

so you still don't know anyone in BC?

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now shell even has a dedicated rat phone number.

Lol, I got that memo from safety yesterday as well...where will it end.
And then I got one today from Shell putting out a safety bulletin about "road departures" explaining how there has been a rash of big trucks going off the road and how big trucks have the right of way over 4's on single lane bush roads...but what they don't seem to get is when you get two 18's meeting on that single lane bush road in the mud, that's where the majority of "road departures" happen...you can tell these desk jockeys have never driven in the bush

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you still don't know anyone in BC?
Huh , out of say 100 people I know, bet there's 20% more in Alberta that love b c bud

Like I have said before, 10-15 years ago hole bunch moved from b c to work in Alberta so guess that's y eh

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh , out of say 100 people I know, bet there's 20% more in Alberta that love b c bud

Like I have said before, 10-15 years ago hole bunch moved from b c to work in Alberta so guess that's y eh
Yeah .... It's the old 80 -20 rule...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little worse than that. Just over 3000 high paying jobs lost in the first 48hrs of the budget. My sincere condolences to you and your families in these troubled times, stay strong and try and get through it the best you can. Follow your gut instincts it will guide you best.

Last edited:

eagle eye

Reaction score
Thought this would be a good read for anyone that tries keeping up with this stuff. Markets definitely pummelled into the ground it's going to be hard to recover after this spell. I'm guessing we have at least one more year probably 2 before we start seeing any signs of recovery.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recovery will not happen until after the next election which is just under 4 years from now.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Current government definitely isn't helping anything but oil and natural resources are just coming into their normal cycle it happens just everyone hates when they can't make 120k being a labourer in the oilfield. Going to take a while to bounce back regardless

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm a carpenter and it's slow in our end of work too, as far as the oil and gas it's what's kept albertas everyday wheel turning without that and coal powered plants and other things this province is sunk, there's a slow down everywhere but this is nothing wait till next year,

Top Bottom