Recession just around the corner?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Current government definitely isn't helping anything but oil and natural resources are just coming into their normal cycle it happens just everyone hates when they can't make 120k being a labourer in the oilfield. Going to take a while to bounce back regardless
The days of 100$ Oil are long gone and most likely will be forever and if you think its going to bounce back like a rubber ball that,s a pipe dream. My 2 cents.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason for your up coming depression is the federal government and the provincial government....no other reason. And do not come over here to BC we know how you vote. That is all we need is a recession caused because you want change and do not have a clue what voting can do to your province.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason for your up coming depression is the federal government and the provincial government....no other reason. And do not come over here to BC we know how you vote. That is all we need is a recession caused because you want change and do not have a clue what voting can do to your province.
Pot...meet kettle. LOL

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah cause for the last 3 or 4 decades everyone wanted to move to BC to work and prosper. LOL. You sure seem to be the type of guy who revels in the adversity presently going on in Alberta.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? Yer in a province that has had Social Credit / NDP from 1952 to 1996 an yer looking down yer nose on Albertans? LOL.
um, the SoCreds were about as pro business and any political party in Canadian history and drew BC out of NDP caused recessions more than once. I have a hard time seeing how having voted in the SoCreds would be looked down upon. LOL

Last edited:

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Point I was making was, BC has elected NDPs several times....over good center/right fiscally conservative gov'ts.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup, canadian governments control world oil prices....
Saudiis are just teaching other countries a lesson.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Encana Cuts 2016 Spending By 25 Per Cent And Reduces Dividend; Budget To Focus On Four Core Areas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oops forgot to put the areas that they will be focusing their funds

95 per cent of capital will be directed to the company’s four core assets; the Permian, Eagle Ford, Duvernay and Montney plays

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy works in Cowtown for Husky says they're selling everything east of hiway 2(not Lloydminster)

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be little investment in Canada in 2016, especially in NE AB. The heavier oil is selling at a $15 discount so they are only getting ~$20/bbl or less than half of what it costs to produce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode in Golden last weekend-great conditions. Almost no sleds in town, hotels empty and the ski hill very quiet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom