Recall Report!!!!!!!! How is yours holding up????

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
Just thought Id share a few pics of my BRP approved recall..... and see what everyone else has encountered....
Haven't done much riding at all, work and family has taken most of the time I have to spare....
Went on a good 120 km trail ride down the Iron-Horse Trail with a few buddies last weekend... Good snow, but mostly flat trails... no real rough riding to be had..

Planning on going out again this weekend, filled up with fuel, opened panel to fill up with oil and TO MY SURPRISE look what I find!!!!!!!

20130322_180928.jpg Seems to me that the recall gave me room, but due to the tank and recoil cup putting a lot more pressure on the side panel, when the tank is warm from the engine heat, it starts to flex and warp..... Looking at this pic i don't have too long before either the screw for the recoil saddle cracks apart OR the whole top of the tank fails....

BUT there's MORE!!!!!

20130322_180923.jpg Here's the Dandy little bracket.... Apparently it does still move around, and now that there is a sharp piece of aluminum under the tank rubbing the plastic, its gonna be an EPIC event when the oil tank starts to leak and pours all over my hot A** exhaust..... Look closely and you can see the groove already worn into the oil tank,.. Then look past that and see the again quite evident stress markings around the lower bracket...

I will be heading to my dealer, unfortunately they are a few hours away.... I just figured Id share what I found and also let you all know to check the CRAPTASTIC recall fix that our brand gave us!!!!!!!!!!

Keep an eye on it folks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines much the same.... what does a guy doo???? Leave it and****risk****a leak or fracture... OR do I take little alloy piece off and risk warranty Isues later on..... garunteeed the tank is going to fail sooner than later if left like it is.... but they got u over a barrell when it comes to warranty claims in the future if u mess with it

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it should last until your warranty runs out......although, its a recall and they need to fix that properly. They better doo the right thing.

It is clear you you are a diehard supporter of ski-doo, but really........ after all the bashing you have done on polaris issues that is a lame fix.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Polaris clamps and older 800 dragons motors where top not 2 I guess.

from my HTC

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of stress has been added to the corners.. Could they have mounted it crooked, have it torqued against something or too tight?
Will take a look at mine.. E-start so may be different..

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of stress has been added to the corners.. Could they have mounted it crooked, have it torqued against something or too tight?
Will take a look at mine.. E-start so may be different..

Mines estart with recoil added... but with recall ALL sleds got the saddle as an added measure correct??

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what ever reason i cannot quote Tex78 but I am not by a long stretch a polaris supporter. They have great innovation but there follow through on defective products sucks. Its like its it comes out of the factory and then, its not there problem, YOU must have done something wrong. Lame. Manufacturers as a whole need to step up, this is what makes people bleed for their product.

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO?????????????? THE FLAWLESS DOO HAS MORE THAN 3 PROBLEMS :confused:
Good thing there have a 4 year warranty, but wait.................... DOO is SOOOOOOOOO GREAT.......... why DOO they even need a warranty?????????????????????

Sorry to hijack your thread BALLZ.

And speaking as a MEMBER, not a MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO?????????????? THE FLAWLESS DOO HAS MORE THAN 3 PROBLEMS :confused:
Good thing there have a 4 year warranty, but wait.................... DOO is SOOOOOOOOO GREAT.......... why DOO they even need a warranty?????????????????????

And speaking as a MEMBER, not a MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it starts......:rolleyes::pop2::arguebats:

Maxwell... your needed

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not have either of those issues after having the recall done on my sleds. I would say you should bring it to the attention of your dealer so it can get fixed properly. Simple!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP will fix. Their just a little SLOOOOW at it again. I thought I had read some where that the 2014 was moved a bit more. They have to fix, look at it says warranty right on it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't look anything like your pics ballz. Seems like someone f'd up the install to me. Or my dealer did lol.
Where is that tab on the tank? I looked for mine but didn't see one like that anywhere.
Doo needs to change out their oil tank design. Plain and simple.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And speaking as a DOUCHE, not a MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed it for you clown pants.
Go troll somewhere else.....

Top Bottom