Reasonable price or not

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a quad for my mother. I was looking at kodiak 450's but they are hard to find for reasonable prices as I am looking at newer with irs and such. Found a Can-am 400 for sale but not sure what they would be worth or if it would be a decent machine for her. She goes fairly slow, likes mud and trails and doesn't have a whole lot of strength for the bigger machines. Would this Can-am be all right and what would a reasonable price be for the machine with the listed acc.? Any help would be great, Thanks!!

2007 Can-am Outlander 4x4 400, has 60" blade, 2500 lb winch, windshild,,2 up seat , storage boxes. Excellent shape only 1700 km. 2 years warrenty left. just like new! $7200OBO

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just thought,Ron has a 400 Can am on here that is still pretty much new for a lot less,6100 I believe.And yes that would be a great quad for her.The one you are looking at is an alright price but I would lowball it and bring him down a bit.I looked at a brand new 09 450 Kodiac today at riverside for 7400.With a winch!
Shop around as there are good deals out there!
catmando!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are good machines. Biggest difference is the Can-am used struts on the front vs. double A-arm on the Kodiak. I prefer struts, but the double a-arm is more predictable.

I would not recommend a 400 Kodiak as they are missing the diff. lock and the high/low.

charity650

Reaction score
My brother just sold his 2006 400 outlander with only 670 kms, winch, and snowblade for $5000. Definately shop around. The outlanders are awesome machines. The steering in them is unbelievable. My bros wife is in her 50's and is just new to the sport, she rode that machine like a pro. Plenty of power, but you don't have to be pinning it to get the machine to perform. She rides slow too and when crossing bogs just idles through.
Hope this helps.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that does seem to be alittle steep but it has lots of ad ons. tough call my buddy just bought a new 800r for $9200 it was bone stock though. my wife rides a 400 outlander and they are a good machine

Top Bottom