Reality Check 2

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Here we go again. Just figured out why we tolerate high gas prices, broken trucks, cranky trailers, horrible road conditions and road food.

SNOW and SUNSHINE. Got up at 4 AM on Friday and headed for McBride. Met 3 others and off to Belle Mountain. Had to wait about 15 minutes for the grader to finish plowing the road, good omen. We were the last of the morning crowd (15 sleds) to head up, trail was smooth with about a foot of fresh. Reached the cabin and found the other sleds ahead of us were waiting for somebody to break trail over the hill. Wait no more. Those of us with little 144" tracks had to side hill a bit to break through the 3+ feet of snow but we made it. Sunshine, 3+ feet, -5C, only one's on the hill. Stuck? You bet, had a rookie along and it was fun watching him learn how and when to turn. We didn't come down until dark and only had 6 liters of fuel left in the sleds when we loaded up. Jerry cans were empty and so was the energy reserve. Not bad for a senior citizen.

Stayed at the Mica Mountain Lodge, nice place, no turn around room, $90/night. Off to Renshaw on Saturday, cloudy, snowing windy. Took my group straight east of the cabin and dropped into the trees towards the water fall. Played most of the day in there, nice lunch by the fire. Coming back was ugly, more snow, high winds, zero visibility. Luck, experience and use of the "force" got us back to the cabin. Reloaded the fuel supply and headed south of the cabin for some hill climbing. Trail raced back down (sorry about some of the rude passes). Had an interesting conversation with a 20 something MXZ Renegade rider that didn't like getting passed on the trail. By a pensioner. Something about "If I'd have seen you *&^%$ coming " blah blah blah. No sense of humor whatsoever.

As I type this I am dead from the ass in both directions. Not 18 and bullet proof anymore I guess. When do we go again?

Top Bottom