Real Life Review - RevArc Ramp

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a real life review of something that I thought was a very good idea a few years - a safe loading ramp. The primary reason for wanting something like this is because of recurring back problems that I suffer from. I have twisted my back quite a few times while loading and unloading.

If everything goes smoothly, there is zero back pain while loading. The issue arrises when you are loading on concrete, ice, or a sloped surface. The best way to load is to carry enough speed in order to overcome these obstacle. The problem is that carrying enough speed can can accidents and we have all seen pictures or videos of parking lot failures.

The idea behind this ramp is that you can load or unload at one mile per hour. If you try that with a normal ramp, you will barely get the skis onto the ramp before your track starts spinning. When that happens, you have to pull the back end of the sled backwards and try again with a little more speed. That is where I hurt my back a few times.

This ramp has a ladder like attachment that lays on the ground and providdes traction when your track goes onto it.

1.jpg

IMG_1007_zps7ca56b90.jpg

IMG_1008_zpse0f1b361.jpg

the beauty of this ramp is that you can approach it at 1 mph. As a test, I stopped my sled when I was 1/4 of the way up. Using a normal ramp, there is no way I would have been able to continue loading.

IMG_1009_zpsf9dceac1.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the track has engaged the ramp extension and will use that for traction to continue.

IMG_1010_zps0229cd02.jpg

One blip of the throttle and the sled continued up the ramp and into the back of the truck.

IMG_1011_zps2b43015b.jpg

I did not expect that. I knew the extension would provide additional traction but did not think it would work this well.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part 2 of the review - unloading

I decided to try the same test for unloading. The major issue when unloading is that you have to back off with enough speed so that your track doesn't spin when it hits the ground. If you stop when your track hits the ground, you have to strain your back to pull the sled back off the ramp manually. This happens to me at least 1/3 of the time I unload, almost always when on pavement.

I backed up until my sled was half way off.

IMG_1015_zps43cdc985.jpg

anyone whoi has unloaded sleds will recognize this position. Time to give the rear bumper a good pull. Sometimes you get into this position because you haven't backed off completely straight. In the picture, it is clear that the ramp is now engaged to the track extension and will have something to grip on. If this was on the ground, it would spin 100% of the time.

As you can see from this picture, there is a slope of the ground cause my ramp to slide towards the passenger side of the truck. When this happens, you have to straighten out the sled and then pull it off.

IMG_1016_zps0ff8b43f.jpg

what I did was straighten out the sled, put it back into reverse, and then backed off normally. I did not have to pull it off by hand. Again, I was very surprised by how well this ramp worked. It far exceeded my expectations.

It folds up and the ratchet keeps everything together

IMG_1018_zpse66b2da9.jpg

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in summary - this ramp is an absolute bargain at $350. Anyone who has ever hurt his back or done damage while loading / unloading will recognize this immediately. The ramp costs about as much as a broken side panel or shock so it is pretty easy to justify the cost.

I ordered mine out of the states but i am certain they have dealers in Canada. This web site has some videos

an excellent video is located at:

2013 REVARC SNOWMOBILE RAMP - YouTube

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, but isnt it to bulky to have in the back of the truck with your sled?

Mike

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope, it actually folds up the same thickness or less as my Princess Auto tri fold ramp. The ratchet strap keeps it tightly held together as well.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the rev arc heavy duty side by side ramp. I cant believe how good it works. Very high quality products and their prices are very reasonable.

sledrat403

Reaction score
With a POS ramp I've almost killed myself in the past. I think loading a sled is the most dangerous part of your day with the wrong gear. I have seen the revarc in action and it is very slick!

Great review, I think this design is a must-have. I'd like a ground extension for my sled deck ramp!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I would know about this before buying a tri fold. Looks awesome and makes complete sense. I

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these last year. Bought it here with Canadian money and GST. You're looking around 430 bucks plus tax. It is such a slick ramp though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big deal made one for my deck ramp back in 1999 had a lot of people take pics of it, new sooner or later someone was going to build it and yes it does work great

ryanzelinsky

Reaction score
I love it when customers love our products!

One quick photo that shows the proper use of the sled ramp riser (this is an accessory that sits on the tailgate UNDER the lip of the ramp, and extends into the truck bed and is held in place by the ratchet that holds the ramp to the tailgate):

REVARC sled ramp + riser.jpg

Sled Risers are only needed when your track extends beyond your truck's bed when loaded.

Benefits of the Sled Riser:

1 - keeps the weight off the ramp for easier load/unload
2 - prevents track from freezing to truck bed
3 - moves 40% to 60% of weight off tailgate onto truck bed
4 - gives traction to ensure straight approach when unloading

Thanks,
Ryan @ Bosski
208-890-2056

Best Canadian Contacts:
1 - West of Thunder Bay - Maverick Distributing - Greg Woods - 780-448-5988 - 175 dealers with inventory
2 - Ontario - Bass Pro Shops - Vaughan - Jeremy Girard - 905-761-3964 - Manager of Marine Tracker boat division (product will be located in service department)

Attachments

• sled on ramp from side.jpg
    sled on ramp from side.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Top Bottom