Re-setting the tire pressure for a 2011 duramax

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows how to re-set the tire pressure sensors on the 2011 duramax? Everytime i rotate tires, it has to be re-set and it sucks taking it in and paying for that everytime.
Help..

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its in the manual, ill try to look tonight for the specifics but pretty sure it goes like this...

-put key in ignition to run (but dont start truck)
-hold down lock and unlock (Factory keyfob) at same time.. hold down until truck honk or chime or something.. you'll see something like 'tire learning mode' in the DIC
*there are time lines in place for how long learning mode will stay on, so be prepared to start right away*
-starting with driver side front tire, release or apply air (release is easiest imo) until truck honks.
-continue moving clockwise around the truck doing same thing waiting until it honks to move onto the next
-once all 4 wheels are done it will honk two or three times and exit learning mode on its own

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
its in the manual, ill try to look tonight for the specifics but pretty sure it goes like this...

-hold down lock and unlock (Factory keyfob) at same time.. hold down until truck honk or chime or something.. you'll see something like 'tire learning mode' in the DIC
*there are time lines in place for how long learning mode will stay on, so be prepared to start right away*
-starting with driver side front tire, release or apply air (release is easiest imo) until truck honks.
-continue moving clockwise around the truck doing same thing waiting until it honks to move onto the next
-once all 4 wheels are done it will honk two or three times and exit learning mode on its own

that sounds like a Pain in the @$$

GRD

Reaction score

I am glad the 3500HD's don't have those.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks. It does sound painful, but better than taking it in everytime. I will read the manual and let you know how things go.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it sounds painful bc of my lack of proper wording haha its very simple and takes about 3minutes to do! its more a pain to take it to a shop IMO.

key in, push two buttons, walk around truck.. essentially.. there is that so bad? :p

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it sounds painful bc of my lack of proper wording haha its very simple and takes about 3minutes to do! its more a pain to take it to a shop IMO.

key in, push two buttons, walk around truck.. essentially.. there is that so bad? :p

WOW, that is easier. Thanks white6. I'll try it when i get back home from the mac.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Park brake has to be on...other than that I think White nailed it. Gotta move fast, or you have to start over....as he said, easiest to let air out.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Park brake has to be on...other than that I think White nailed it. Gotta move fast, or you have to start over....as he said, easiest to let air out.

...white6 is a she :)

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the next time try sticking the tps sensors in the spare (heard that works)

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to reset the set pressure. I installed different tires that req 60 lbs. now it always says I have low tires

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to reset the set pressure. I installed different tires that req 60 lbs. now it always says I have low tires

Ya, thats what this whole thread is about. I run the duratracs at different from factory setting so you need to reset after rotations.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The procedure above is to reset tire position after rotation. If you want to reset the perimeters for the pressure sensors them selves that requires a tech 2. Most dealers will not do this citing liability issues but it can be done.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The procedure above is to reset tire position after rotation. If you want to reset the perimeters for the pressure sensors them selves that requires a tech 2. Most dealers will not do this citing liability issues but it can be done.

Ya might be liability issues..But i had it done to my 08 so the tires arent maxed out all the time.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a bit off the tire topic sorry, but same truck 2011 GMC 2500hd, is there any way to shut the auto door lock off it drives me nuts?

Top Bottom