ram 2500 exhuast

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
best performance exhuast for a 5.9 l diesel 2006, i want a good performance exhuast but i would like something queiter then what i have now im looking at a mbrp 5 inch catback suramac coated black any other ideas????

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not much difference have had a few flo pro systems and they have been good installation is key though

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
The install will be done perfessionally, so im hoping they know what there doing and is the mbrp 5 inch a good sounding exhuast or basically the same as everything else, also is it loud while pualing a load

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
5" exhaust is louder than a 4" exhaust .......... I experimented with many exhausts on my old '06 3500, but ended up with an mbrp and added an additional mbrp muffler in the system.... Nice mellow tone and no "drone" when pulling the big loads ........ Just another option for you

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can use Diesel,performance and quiet in the same sentence.
All i did was to remove the cat and put in a flow through muffler in place of the stock one,works good and was cheap!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock exhaust is a 4" turbo back just replace the cat and muffler. I have the flowmaster Hushpower on mine and it made it way quieter and absolutely no drone. Many exhausts drone especially on the CR motors cause of the gay exhaust manifold that is split 4-2 instead of 3-3 like the older trucks. 5" drones like crazy. If you insist on spending about twice as much as you need to then get a nice SS 4" turboback but I still recommend the hushpower muffler. *Important* you will not make any more power with a 5" over a 4" as 4" flows enough to support almost 1100whp.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
i don't have the stock exhaust so that's not a option, does anybody no who makes a 4 inch exhaust anodized in black????

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After talking with Summitric about my new truck he clearly has lot of experience with dodge and lot of S&M members use him he has now gained all of my aftermarket work for the new truck..... Just need to get 10000 km's on it some can rip all the emissions ch!t off and start having fun......

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got caught in yrs ago in buying upgrades for my Cummins. My is 03, everybody says, oh need 4" exhaust(stock was 3.5"). Sure, why not. 6 yrs later, the drone is driving me up the wall while towing. This spring, had enough. Got a 4" donaldson muffler from work, 51" long. The drone is gone, the power is the same, egt are the same. Its quiet in the cab again. Todays 15L's Cummins engines are running 4" exhaust from factory. They seem to support 500hp/1800ftlbs with no problem. Buddy with a 06 twin turbo, ran 5" exhaust. Just about need earplugs inside that cab, but it sure hauls ass. He dynamated the interior, add a resistor. Its kinda liveable now. There is quite a few paints for exhaust that will stand the heat for awhile, could always try that.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 4" TBE on mine with a FloPro diesel muffler, sounds good,.. not alot of drone,.. but some there towing. Black or not,. it's under the truck,.. why would it matter?

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
The reason I want it black is because I took all the chrome off my truck and changed everything to black and blue. It just looks better with everything matching.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason I want it black is because I took all the chrome off my truck and changed everything to black and blue. It just looks better with everything matching.

So everyone looks under your truck before the outside :dunno:,.. mine is up out of the way,.. IMO I choose sound and functionality over looks

Top Bottom