Radiator Relocation

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone doing it. Where would you relocate it to and why?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw somewhere that a guy had relocated his so it sat in the middle behind the driver and passenger between the rear roll cage. Don't know what all was involved but if I see it again I will post the link.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Got a buddie doing it right now, he just ordered a five point harness bar and is using that to mount to inbetween the driver and passenger up a bit, if you look its actually makes the rad about 4 ft closer to the water pump, and cleaning is easier, when i see it I'll snap some photo and put them up.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a buddie doing it right now, he just ordered a five point harness bar and is using that to mount to inbetween the driver and passenger up a bit, if you look its actually makes the rad about 4 ft closer to the water pump, and cleaning is easier, when i see it I'll snap some photo and put them up.

Sound interesting but isn't it going to be noisy with the fan running right beside you?

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Mine on my kodiak is mounted right in front of me right up on the rack, and for the rare times it runs you hear it but its not too loud, its always good to know its running anyway, but its not loud enough to make it irritating.

nolan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys I am looking to do the same as they do run hot, I would like to see some pic,s as well thinking about a 4 core rad from a small car mounted up behind the head rests in the middle ?

Rhino Guy

Reaction score
the first thing to hit the mud is the rad,and of coarse it plugs off and the rhino over heats,at least mine does at least on the muddy rides. you can put it in the rear rollcage or it can also be mounted just under the hood were the air box is after you make a snorkel for the air box and remove the air box!

Top Bottom