Rad Kit for 06 Can Am Outlander

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on a rad kit for the 800 outy. My buddy is having some heating issues with his 800. He would like a kit that is a simple bolt on the front rack.:d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorilla sells 'em. Gristleboys had nice brackets, but I think they went TU. Tell buddy to pinch the top and bottom rad hoses with clamps, remove the lower hose to drain the rad, take the rad out (comes out the left side easily after the fan is removed), and clean it with a garden hose. Takes 15 min (20 with a beer). I've thought often about putting the rad on the rack, but it's just too open to damage up there and really looks like hell....so I just R&R the rad every other ride or so and clean it. If you do it the way I described, you don't have to bleed the cooling system.

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had alot of heating issues with my 07 outlander and some with my renegade. I switched coolants and am now using liquid performance coolant and it makes a huge difference. Like dave said u definitely need to take the rads out and clean them once and while but since I switched coolants I have not had any more over heating issues. Also for a rad relocate kit highlifter sells a triple flow rad kit. I have a couple buddies running them on their outlanders

Top Bottom