Race Rubber kill switch

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I relocated my killswitch to the inside of my handlebars so nothing can hit it but my finger if needed.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bumped into this product on another forum. This looks pretty cool, I use three orings but Im still concerned of a branch hooking the button taking the button off the post. I dont like momentary switches, I may try one of these.

http://sledcore.com/product/race-rubber/

I was going to order this but the shipping was going to be 30.59 for a total of 43.59. Expensive for an O-ring replacement. Does anybody carry the race rubber around Edmonton?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Great until your in a predicament that u might not be able to hold it down and for those who delete and count on tether, we all know and have heard of stories of how the feather can be caught up in brake and not pulled. To each their own. It’s why I run the TkI as it covers it while keeping it in the same spot and easy to hit when you want and won’t hit when you don’t want it to be hit. Rubber pieces do put pressure on the red button and it will
make it looser over time until it co
es off then over 100.00

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That much shipping within Canada????
If thats the case I will stick to the orings.

If that product is designed like the description says, the kill switch will still operate like normal, and avoid accidental button presses. The whole idea is is the same as the orings, when I press hard enough on the kill switch the button remain down. The orings on mine do not put pressure on the button.

Update, I just put that product in my cart and it said free shipping. Did I miss something????

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great until your in a predicament that u might not be able to hold it down and for those who delete and count on tether, we all know and have heard of stories of how the feather can be caught up in brake and not pulled. To each their own. It’s why I run the TkI as it covers it while keeping it in the same spot and easy to hit when you want and won’t hit when you don’t want it to be hit. Rubber pieces do put pressure on the red button and it will
make it looser over time until it co
es off then over 100.00

I attach my tether to my brake side wrist not to my jacket.

this way it never gets tangled and I can pull it when necessary (a lot quicker than fumbling around to hit a kill switch) but yeah each to their own.

Last edited:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That much shipping within Canada????
If thats the case I will stick to the orings.

If that product is designed like the description says, the kill switch will still operate like normal, and avoid accidental button presses. The whole idea is is the same as the orings, when I press hard enough on the kill switch the button remain down. The orings on mine do not put pressure on the button.

Update, I just put that product in my cart and it said free shipping. Did I miss something????

Free shipping when I tried the second time.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

this way it never gets tangled and I can pull it when necessary (a lot quicker than fumbling around to hit a kill switch) but yeah each to their own.

i do as well, still have wrapped it. And no fumbling for kill switch that is why OEM has to install in the spot it is.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do as well, still have wrapped it. And no fumbling for kill switch that is why OEM has to install in the spot it is.

Yeah in the stock position its easy to hit. but people turn it upside down so they dont hit it accidentally, thats where the fumbling starts.
Or when you are upside down trapped under the sled...

For me accidentally hitting the switch is really dangerous and the tether has worked flawless for me. So im going to keep running that.

But what ever makes you feel the safest, is best for you.

Cheers Dan

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea. Used to use throttle wrist but too many branch snags. Better on wrist so you have immediate access.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bumped into this product on another forum. This looks pretty cool, I use three orings but Im still concerned of a branch hooking the button taking the button off the post. I dont like momentary switches, I may try one of these.

http://sledcore.com/product/race-rubber/
Yep branch took button off last ride of the season! $15 for replacement one from Royal. Usually have it tipped forward so I don't hit it unintentionally.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Same here since it pulled/ripped my jacket loop when I got tossed once! Motorfist did repair it for free though. The tether on my sled seems a little tight. It pulls off without any issues when on my wrist though.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put some O-rings under mine again, works mint.
So Minto - I personally think all the sled manufacturers should put springs in the button from factory so it's always in full send mode - expert edition kill switch - man I've just got too many good ideas I really got stop sharing them

Bondoarns

Reaction score
I relocated my switches. IMG_1386.JPG Super easy kit to install. Got it at bushpusher design.

Top Bottom