Race Fuel Storage

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long can a person strore race fuel for? I bought a drum last season. Have about a third of the drum left over. aprroximately one year old. Do I dare use it in my sled? Or just use it in the lawnmower?

Just starting my sled season now. Too busy.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you have it sealed and out of the sun light you would be OK...when storing Fuel trough the summer keep it sealed out of sunlight and in a cool area( garage) and it will be fine.....Just my 2 cents....

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was in the shop all summer stored in the original metal drum. I moved it outside this winter though, and covered it up. Can a person test it or is there such a thing?

W

woodies

your a brave man if you use it in anything other than car or lawn mower. outside is hot and cold cycles i have seen up to 1 inch of ice in diesel barrels from condencet(sp)when i stocked up for road bans.

dirtbag

Reaction score
manufacturer says 18 months, should be fine if you stored the barrel on its side outside ,if upright it will suck in water like mentioned,very neccessary to not let water collect in the rim on top

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This is true, my one barrel sucked in lots of water, the other had a 2x4 on top with tarp and it shed water..no problem.
manufacturer says 18 months, should be fine if you stored the barrel on its side outside ,if upright it will suck in water like mentioned,very neccessary to not let water collect in the rim on top

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will pour it out into a clean bucket and check it out. Run it in the car or lawnmower. No sense burning down an engine on the sled because of bad fuel. Will have to find a place in Red Deer where I can purchase it in smaller quantities.

Top Bottom