Quitting

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was one guy at work who quit smoking, took those nicorett gum things, and the patch, then he started smoking again while still on the patch..

Triple dose... LOL

I am one of those guys that can smoke a whole weekend, then stop for 6 months and then have one...then stop for another 6 months.

I like my odd cigar by the campfire, and out fishin or sleddin', but never gained an addiction. I smoked in high school and after highschool for 3 years. I just quit one day and then thats it.

I'm not bragging, sorry if it comes across like that... but I know some that never even tried to quit for real, and then one day they do, and they never had a problem with withdrawals.

The only thing I remember was needing something to do to break the routine.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was one guy at work who quit smoking, took those nicorett gum things, and the patch, then he started smoking again while still on the patch..

Triple dose... LOL

I am one of those guys that can smoke a whole weekend, then stop for 6 months and then have one...then stop for another 6 months.

I like my odd cigar by the campfire, and out fishin or sleddin', but never gained an addiction. I smoked in high school and after highschool for 3 years. I just quit one day and then thats it.

I'm not bragging, sorry if it comes across like that... but I know some that never even tried to quit for real, and then one day they do, and they never had a problem with withdrawals.

I hate you ..............

no just jealous !

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
you sir are an azzhole.... 2 months so far and still keeping up... Watch I'll get hit by a bus in January...

Triple dose... LOL

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
never understood starting in the first place ....
but thats just me
I guess your lifestyle can choose whether you start or not and makes it that much tougher to quit

for those of you quitting or have quit good on you
nothing more important in this world than your health

I always laugh at the guys that say "Im gonna die someday!" and then laugh about it
still funny when your lying in the hospital bed dying of cancer???

think not ....

23 years ago was a long time.....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I chewed 10 big tins a week for 15yrs. tried patches. Tried to only chew on weekends. Nicorette gum. I finally quit 4 months ago now. Cold turkey was how I had to do it. That dam nicotine is powerful. I'm over it now except if I have a beer on the weekends. It pops in my head but no big deal. I'm finally quit for good. Good luck everyone. Also the biggest thing is to never cheat once you've stopped

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I chewed 10 big tins a week for 15yrs. tried patches. Tried to only chew on weekends. Nicorette gum. I finally quit 4 months ago now. Cold turkey was how I had to do it. That dam nicotine is powerful. I'm over it now except if I have a beer on the weekends. It pops in my head but no big deal. I'm finally quit for good. Good luck everyone. Also the biggest thing is to never cheat once you've stopped

No cheating!!!!! My wife quit for 18 years and decided one evening to "just a puff". She went and bought a pack the next day. Five years before she quit again.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife went to a hypontist in st.albert and Is goin on 2 months and it she hasn't even thought about lighting up. I quit 11 months ago after losing two close friends to cancer within two months of each other. One guy was 31 the other was in his early 40's.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did everything from patches to hypnotism, probably tried 8 times before i finally succeeded using the patch. Fact of the matter is you have to want to quit, you can't be quitting for your wife or your kids you have to quit for yourself. When you make up your mind you'll be successful,until then don't bother your just gonna piss off everyone you know lol. Merry Xmas
8 years butt free and counting.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quit many years ago... just wake up in the morning and say no... look at your pack of smokes and say fu.. i feel off the wagon about 7 or 8 times in 6 months... got but i kept trying... fist time i fell off i smoked for 6 weeks or so then tried again... everytime i feel off the wagon the time i smoked before quitting again got shorter and the time i stayed away from smokes go longer till i stopped... bottom line just keep trying...

my friend wasnt a new street bike... figured out how much he spent on smokes in a month... i think 300 bucks and went out and financed a bike for that amount... quit the day he bought the bike and never went back

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday June 13th, is my quit date.

best of luck... remember if you fall off that wagon... try again as soon as possible... the more times you try the darts will start to taste bad... but you gotta keep trying until it's done... day 3 is the worst... if you can get passed day three your golden...

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Kinda weird ,I seem to be drinking more beer , can't figure out why though. Then I reach for a pop or something else

Top Bottom