Quitting

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to quit smoking is to quit drinking.
I still drink ...like a fish lol
and did you actually put that money away?
I have put about half of it away.I used the other half to buy myself rewards for quittng....
airdam clutch work
PSC clutch work
suspension mods
exhaust mods
28"outlaw mst"s
Jet kit
Snorkels
etc...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What about dying 20 years early? Think of all the money you save no paying taxes and stuff! You guys are clueless!

not to mention the living in the stench of an old age home plus walkers, wheel chairs and diapers aint cheap...

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to quit smoking is to quit drinking.

I'm living proof that isn't true. ;)

19 months smoke free at the end of the month.

I read Alan Carr's "Easy Way" book and coupled that with the desire to not smoke and it worked. There were some real tough moments along the way, and i still have tough moments. That being said, I feel better physically and I'm not pissing 350 bucks down the drain every month.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to mention the living in the stench of an old age home plus walkers, wheel chairs and diapers aint cheap...

I have a buddy that smokes and he said the reason he keeps smoking is because he wants to be gone before he gets to the diaper/drooling stage.:d:beer:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that smokes and he said the reason he keeps smoking is because he wants to be gone before he gets to the diaper/drooling stage.:d:beer:

I'm sure his kids and grand kids will appreciate that:confused:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched my uncle die of lung cancer from smoking.Trust me diapers and drooling would have been a god send.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Respiratory Therapist and see every day the effects of a lifetime of smoking... It's a powerful powerful drug and quitting is one of the hardest things you will ever do. But not dying a slow death drowning in a pool of your own retained secretions is a powerful incentive...

My husband was a smoker when we met 10years ago, although in 5 years I only ever saw him smoke twice. He was very sensitive to the horrors of my job and I never had to ask him not to smoke. When he did decide to quit, he let the decision settle in his mind for a good month. Every time he smoked, he thought of all the reasons to quit and all the reasons he hated it. Then he got a Zyban prescription. He was a total lunatic insomniac on it, but it worked. Two months in, he rewarded himself with a brand new sled. I told him he had to sell it if he started again... Its been five years. He's still a non smoker and we are both addicted to sledding !!

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Respiratory Therapist and see every day the effects of a lifetime of smoking... It's a powerful powerful drug and quitting is one of the hardest things you will ever do. But not dying a slow death drowning in a pool of your own retained secretions is a powerful incentive...

My husband was a smoker when we met 10years ago, although in 5 years I only ever saw him smoke twice. He was very sensitive to the horrors of my job and I never had to ask him not to smoke. When he did decide to quit, he let the decision settle in his mind for a good month. Every time he smoked, he thought of all the reasons to quit and all the reasons he hated it. Then he got a Zyban prescription. He was a total lunatic insomniac on it, but it worked. Two months in, he rewarded himself with a brand new sled. I told him he had to sell it if he started again... Its been five years. He's still a non smoker and we are both addicted to sledding !!

Good story... Quite inspiring!...

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Who's quit smoking, with what method, and how'd it work for ya ?

I think I'm going to have to be the, just throw them away. cold turkey guy. Mostly because I think the patch and what not is just weak.

Any and all welcome

Do it cold man, but make sure you book a day or two off. I ended up in fetal postion dry heaving and craving smoke for 42 hours,

BUT I HAVENT TOUCHED ONE SINCE.:nono:
nothing could make me after that pain:beer::beer:

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do it cold man, but make sure you book a day or two off. I ended up in fetal postion dry heaving and craving smoke for 42 hours,

BUT I HAVENT TOUCHED ONE SINCE.:nono:
nothing could make me after that pain:beer::beer:

How long has it been for you??

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another incentive.
1.5 pack a day @$10.00 a pack=$15.00
30 days a month x $15.00=$450.00 p/m
10 months(I quit)x $450.00=$4500.00
Ten more months and I will have saved $9000.00 towards a new quad.

this is exactly how I quit 20 years ago. I was a two pack a day guy. The key is to actually save the money.

What I did was put $15 a day into a big glass jar so I could see it. Every time I felt like having a smoke, I could look at the jar and the urge disappeared immediately. It is very improtant to put that money in every day, never miss a day for the first year. Don't put it in a week at a time, do it every day.

At the end of the first month, we bought a real nice TV. At the end of the first year, I bought my brother's tent trailer and my wife and I went on a 3 week camping trip to the Oregon coast.

Hambone

Reaction score
I can't say enough about champix I was at least a pack a day smoker I quit after 8 weeks that was almost 3 years ago

Top Bottom