question for crf450r owners.

199cr125199

Reaction score
i just recently got a 06 crf450r and, it's hard to start, i'm wondering how hard it is for the rest of the crf450 owners to start their bikes, if i lean the bike on a tree i can start it first kick but without the help of a tree it's, no dice and its impossible to start. also how long does a stainless steel oil filter last ?

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 05 that i can start with my hand when the intake vavles get tight they are hard to start intake are.16mm ex.28mm

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o ya and it dosn't take alot of hours of riding to open the ring end gap if the bike has not had a top end yet prob ready for it just alot cheaper befor you have to ,i just did mine two tanks ago. got a totle kit on ebay for 130 delivered all honda parts and check the timming chain adjuster they are common to fail and can cause big damage. the best bikes to buy are raced bikes , bike doing what it was built to do and the for the most part are the only ones that get the manitance they should good luck with that bike nice bikes

199cr125199

Reaction score
yeah, i'm getting it rebuilt this week if i need to, my friend said it could just need adjusted or rebuilt i guess i'll see. thanks for the info

farmer4ever

Reaction score
If you slowly push the kick starter until you go down through compression and return to top dead center then let your kick starter right to the top and kick hard you'll have better success.

Top Bottom