Question about snowchecking

Parad0x01

Reaction score
If I was to snowcheck a sled would I just have to put a deposit down until it arrives? Or would I have to pay for the entire sled right now/start makin payments if I went the financing route? I'm asking because I'd like to snowcheck an rmk and don't have the cash to purchase it ATM but will by the fall.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You put down a deposit and that basically pays for the shipping. It is non refundable. Its a waste of money in my opinion, you can buy the same sled if you wait. There are allways a few around that people cant pay for.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snowcheck gives you an option of colours, $1200 in accessories and a choice of warranty. You'll probably save a couple of bucks on the purchase price as well.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also guarantees you the sled you want. True you can wait for a snowcheck, but it might not be the one you want. Generally the money you put down on the deposit comes off the total price when you pick it up in the fall.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also guarantees you the sled you want. True you can wait for a snowcheck, but it might not be the one you want. Generally the money you put down on the deposit comes off the total price when you pick it up in the fall.

Ask guys who waited till fall who wanted a copper and black summit x, there was none.......spring checking insures that you get the track length you want, colour you want and if you want electric start. if you spring check you get your choice, if you do not, you have the choice of what is left over.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also tell the stealer you want the US price, if the canadian dollar is above par maybe we should get a big rebate, like $4500.00

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You put down a deposit and that basically pays for the shipping. It is non refundable. Its a waste of money in my opinion, you can buy the same sled if you wait. There are allways a few around that people cant pay for.

Yep - what he said^^^^. Snowcheck not worth it IMO. It's a gimic to provide capital funding up front so the manufacturer is able to buy the parts and pieces to actually build the sleds, basically they use your own $$$$ to build your own sled, instead of fronting the cost up front through the summer when sled sales are lacking, and being out of pocket for possible interest payments (or at least minimal interest). They aren't stupid - in the end it means more $$$ in their pocket.

All manufacturers are the same in this regard, its not unique to one brand. Often times there are leftovers or special orders that do not get paid for and can be had just as cheap as when they were snowchecked, if not cheaper. Just have to keep your eyes peeled when they start coming into the dealership and have the funding in place to be able to find and purchase a sled within the hour, because if you don't, someone else will.

It does not guarantee you will get your sled sooner either, a couple years ago there was Polaris guys waiting on snowcheck sleds while the dealers were putting on sales to clear out same year showroom stock, it was almost January before some guys finally got their sleds. Yeah I woulda been pissed too. It wasn't a dealer issue, their sled just didn't get built that early.

The snowcheck sleds do not have any higher resale than most regular sleds either IMO. If you only want a fancy colour - buy a can of spray paint. $1200 for higher end "racer" shocks and such - most of them are valved way too stiff for the mountain rider to use anyway. When Doo came out with the XRS in 07, the snowcheck version had the great "challenger lite" track on it and stiff valving, which was designed for the race team (another great "race" theme addition to the sled) and the bloody track was so stiff all it did was trench, most guys spent the whole entire winter trying to stop the trenching and dial the suspension in properly, only to have to get rid of the track anyway and spend another $800 on a proper track and re-work the whole suspension. Some of the additions just aren't that great. IMO the extra $1200 you spend could upgrade the stock shocks to Fox's for about the same price.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a $500 deposit and the challanger lite track and the stiff valving was years ago. You won't find a cheaper price on an X in the fall and it has been $500 more for the X than the everest for a few years now not $1200. 2011 might be different because the e-tec is a $1000 extra. I doubt it's a global scam to make more money. (what are they going to do with $500) its more about forcasting sales than anything.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a waste of time, same dealer was sellin leftovers from people that backed out for $2500 less than what I purchased for about 6 weeks later pmo!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are built to ride and abuse. If color is your thing then stay outa my way cause the scratches and bark in my bumper mean business!!

nosmoke

Reaction score
snowcheck is a joke. polaris has droped the price of sleds in fall, by giving money back promos and selling sleds thousands of dollars less then the poor guy who snowchecked.so you get a free jacket or some junk big deal!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
snowcheck is a joke. polaris has droped the price of sleds in fall, by giving money back promos and selling sleds thousands of dollars less then the poor guy who snowchecked.so you get a free jacket or some junk big deal!

......................................Were you just typing there because you were bored? I hope so. Your missing a liiiiiiiitttleee bit of info there bud.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a waste of time, same dealer was sellin leftovers from people that backed out for $2500 less than what I purchased for about 6 weeks later pmo!
Dead on. I am hoping too purchase a new pro RMK and will wait as last fall they sent out early notices too there loyal customers with big discounts.Leftover 2010 RMK 800's are 11K right now.I snowchecked for 09 and still feel like I paid too much

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Dead on. I am hoping too purchase a new pro RMK and will wait as last fall they sent out early notices too there loyal customers with big discounts.Leftover 2010 RMK 800's are 11K right now.I snowchecked for 09 and still feel like I paid too much

You cant really loop all the brands into this thread either... Some brands offer sleds that you "cant" get unless you snowcheck. Brp has the freeride... You wont be able to get into the XP-RS unless you spring order it.

Top Bottom