Quartz creek

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Quarts creek

Just my humble opinion on this, but I think the XP is easily repairable. I have seen worse sleds that have come back to showroom shine. Hopefully it can be fixed so the owner has some of the season left to ride it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
makes me kinda think:eek: having some one that teaches avy safety asking for some second hand reports.not to professional to me

2C

may be recording snow depths for avi forcasting? unable to take measurements and would like someone to help out. whats the problem?

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW...this was an angry but informative thread and I'm sure opened a lot of eyes including mine.
I've been riding the mtns. since 1989 and would need a calculator to come up with the number of times I've seen guys "highmark" other guys when they were stuck....including me. Sometimes it was to try and help and others to ridicule, either way the outcome was never as bad as this was.
Fortunately for everone involved no one was killed or even seriously injured so in the end I feel more educated by all of this and just maybe out of all of this we can have a safer year.:beerchug:

j_w10

Reaction score
So, what does a guy do when someone is stuck up on the hill and cant get off in a timely manner. just wait till he shovels himself out? I'm not triing to start everyone arguing again just want to know the safest way to go help out a buddy in need.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, what does a guy do when someone is stuck up on the hill and cant get off in a timely manner. just wait till he shovels himself out? I'm not triing to start everyone arguing again just want to know the safest way to go help out a buddy in need.

Yes just wait, and keep an eye on them in case something does come down you have a better idea where to start your search.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Quarts creek

i know the guy, and i was there and there is no damage to his sled. he feels bad for the events that took place. this is not good whats being said there are several stories being told maybe the people that were their should be talking not everyone else. this was not some adrenaline junkie he is just a normal guy that has a wife and 3 kids. he was out there for a good time. then things went wrong. when we go to the mountains we all know the risks. this was the earliest that we have ever went sledding and were not aware of the avy hazard this time of the year . lots got learned by the events that took place . harsh lesson but well noted . and at the same time he was not the only one on the hill that was climbing above other riders there was the 2 xps that climbed higher than the red and white nytro that was stuck on the hill that they were trying to get unstuck . every body on the hill had done something wrong at 1 point in time or another pointing the blame in one direction is not right nor will it solve anything . he is not connected to mountains edge in sundre so blame should not have ever been sent in thier direction. as for the rest of the stories on here the truth is all that matters . lessons were learned further action will be taken in the future to prevent such situations by all in our group for sure.

Good one, glad to see someone that knows this guy has the balls to speak up. I have read every single reply so far, and sounds like there were alot of mistakes done. WHY do people feel they need to be your HERO and come up and ride by you or stop near you to help you get unstuck. Believe me I get stuck all the time, I probably get the most stuck in my group, but I also climb the highest. Like I have said in other posts, if you see me stuck....stay the f**k away from me. I am a very capable of getting my own sled out, I usually bail out of there very quickly by rolling it over and jumping on. You guys that try to help get unstuck on the side of the hill, you could get me killed not just by creating a slide, but if one was to occur and you were up there with me, maybe the rescuers would get you out before me and I would die. I really don't want that to happen. Thanks. Good job rescuers, I am glad to hear of you people that don't panic, and react quickly to this kind of thing. I would do the same, and am glad we all help eachother out even though we do not know eachother. I have been working my butt off in Sasky and have not been able to head into the hills yet. I was so excited.....well still excited I guess. I think I will stick to the safe stuff for awhile.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz was great this Sunday, deep snow and knowbody else there, we even got a few windows so you could go up high. Freshies everywhere, we rode till dark, best day so far.
My new xp is broken now in, the suspension for stock is so much better, clutching is not bad either.

Attachments

• PB290006[1].jpg
    PB290006[1].jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PB290007[1].jpg
    PB290007[1].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 69

Oldguysrule

Reaction score
Rode Quartz today and the snow was excellent, in fact it was so good you could not see anything but white. It started out ok at the staging area but as we got back further towards the cabin the light went flat and the snow started piling up. Not much for a base yet so you can still sinker out of sight. Still had a great day with not too many surprises. On the way out it had snowed at least 4 inches, thats 10cm for you youngsters.

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
hey , Just wanted to announce that the new BCA Beacon Basin it set up in Quartz Creek. Just left of the cabin, towards old cabin valley.

Please use it and respect it. Here's a video right after we finished digging it in.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVfAwrfHRo[/media]

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues watching this video ? I am very interested in what you have done, but I cannot watch the video as it tries to load every three seconds ?

Is there another link to it ?

Thank you

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey , Just wanted to announce that the new BCA Beacon Basin it set up in Quartz Creek. Just left of the cabin, towards old cabin valley.

Please use it and respect it. Here's a video right after we finished digging it in.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVfAwrfHRo[/media]

That is an awesome idea to have something like that at the cabin, how was that funded? My only concern is how long till someone vandalizes or wrecks it, you know there's always someone in the group that has to ruin it for everyone else. Something like that would be nice to have at other popular areas.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job getting this done ! Its a first for a snowmobile area. Congratulations.

I think you should insert the video link under the General Snowmobiling section so more people can see what you have done.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree this is fantastic, thanks to all involved in setting this up, looking forward to testing myself.:beer:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ye curtis I have the same problem with it trying to restart and freezes on me...Your not going to have fun next weekend sled in golden 99summit. LOL

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz was great today (Friday). Had some flat light combined with some nice blue sky and sun. Pretty pounded out now but there is snow to find if you feel adventurous.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Great thing with that beacon station so mucho applause for the club to bring this about. Might I suggest that the case be secured inside the box with a couple screws through the bottom of it and the wire be put into a conduit to prevent damage?

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just seen it on sledshot.com and when I am out next weekend I will definatly be giving it a try!! Great idea guys!!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats great it makes me want to go ride there just to try it out and see how it is set up. What a great idea!:d

Top Bottom