Quading in Lamont County near Hwy 855?

st3p5d

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the general area in Lamont County West of Hwy 855 near Township Road 574? Google satellite view shows what appears to be some trails, etc., similar in size to the Bruderheim/Redwater areas. Is this Crown land? Can we camp/quad in the area? Thanks for any info!

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the general area in Lamont County West of Hwy 855 near Township Road 574? Google satellite view shows what appears to be some trails, etc., similar in size to the Bruderheim/Redwater areas. Is this Crown land? Can we camp/quad in the area? Thanks for any info!

Why do you not just check with the Lamount County for the ownership of this area. If it was crown land I would think that it would be a heavy used area, like Bruderheim is.

Bruce.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you not just check with the Lamount County for the ownership of this area. If it was crown land I would think that it would be a heavy used area, like Bruderheim is.

Bruce.

ya there isnt much crown land in lamont county, just along the river and bruderhiem area

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya there isnt much crown land in lamont county, just along the river and bruderhiem area

I have spent a few hours searching this area out, and found that somewhere in the Alberta Gov System, it is refered to as the UKALTA Dunes Natural Area, but that is as much as I have been able to fined out, because it is not listed in the Natural Area Sites, maybe not designated as such at this time???? No one to talk to on the week ends.:rolleyes:

Bruce.

Top Bottom