quad front tire rollover

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Your just too damn old to be operating power equipment, Tex is gonna have to get a sidecar for ya....

thanks1 steering stabilizer will work wonders, but it still dosen't stop the tire rolling under and will be a final solution, i'm wanting to see if there is a better way to set up the suspension, it is a learning oportunity for me, as the old set each shock front and rear the same just don't work on these bikes. as well as the all fout wheel tire pressure being the same. and by the looks of it most of the posters on here so far are doing the same as me. accordiing to neville canams, poopoo's, cowastuki's work so much better like this. hmm how the heck will ya know till ya try something different, maybe the guy who wrote the article may have a better solution. ya see where i'm going.

so neville when yer done telling me it can not be done, you can tell us your set up solutions. when someone tells me it can't be done, red flags go up, pretty much tells me someone has a closed mind, see it almost every winter, on the sled hills. all ya hear is this and that machine is a pos, yet it usually outclimbs the naysayers,

so in conclusion if yer not part of the solution, then yer part of the problem.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets see, there was 10 lbs air in front @ rear tires. Put 8 in front, 5 in rear. Lowered front spring tension to 2 soft, rear set on 3 middle, some help but still a rodeo ride, put me over the high side again, could try next hardest rear setting. At this point i don' t feel it will help enough. Steering damper would help. But i ' m thinkin the experiment is over, before i get killed.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets see, there was 10 lbs air in front @ rear tires. Put 8 in front, 5 in rear. Lowered front spring tension to 2 soft, rear set on 3 middle, some help but still a rodeo ride, put me over the high side again, could try next hardest rear setting. At this point i don' t feel it will help enough. Steering damper would help. But i ' m thinkin the experiment is over, before i get killed.
Well old boy ,ya gave er your best shot.................Have you tried a chrome hemet..???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well old boy ,ya gave er your best shot.................Have you tried a chrome hemet..???

Good god, nev thought it may help gave it a try, there used to be a saying a few years ago, "3 strikes yer out". Not sure if i want to try again now i got both sides a hurtin. Azz end is pretty much gone. I think the butt is cracked. Anyway experiment was tried, looks like a castor problem to me. or something bent. Steering stabilizer and wheel spacers would help lots. Will have to check alignment and take a look for bent/broken parts

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far ol yeller has kept the head from to much damage, but i'm thinking it is time to retire the old girl. Need to find a younger model with a fine fiqure, easy to look at, and likes to have my head in it for a ride every once in a while. Lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta say Larry, ya got lucky. Visited a friend in the hospital today, high speed roll over. Cracked shoulder blade, 11 broken ribs, internal bleeding and many bruises. His helmet really bruised up his head, thank Christ he had one on. Gonna be laid up for a long time.

i'm thinking i did also, 2 rides 2 roll overs, not even wanting to try the third time, must havesomething bent, hopefully i can find it,

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SXS with harnesses Larry, just don't stick your hand out when it goes over. New thread, which sxs would fit the old guy best????

Top Bottom